• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. South Africa (12/11/2016)

Why are we arguing about what friction is, has this argument really gotten that in depth and petty? From an English perspective I thought the pass was fine, although of course at the time I was yelling otherwise.

I've got no idea tbh, I haven't read the start of the argument.

As a bath fan something something not finishing in a high place........

Also nothing wrong with anal, natures birth control.

And the only one that works in Leicester ... even withdrawal is too complicated for them

I feel this thread is getting off topic.

All becuase of a pass that was forward.

And the only one that works in Leicester ... even withdrawal is too complicated for them

Posh Bath fans and their fancy condoms.

As we say in Leicester burst that unwanted nut in the butt.

Tigs Man and Every time Ref - I suggest you two get a room.;).

I personally don't think the current Bok woes are related to politics. The team is not playing as a cohesive unit in defence or attack mode. There are obviously some serious coaching and leadership issues.

I don't think Coetzee was unqualified for the job, but the defensive qualities of his Stormers side a few years ago certainly don't seem to have found their way into this Bok team.

If we perform poorly in the next few games, he should resign. Hey, sometimes things don't work out, like Mourinho at Manchester United, and Mickey Arthur with Australia's cricket team (he was great with SA beforehand and is doing a great job with Pakistan in Tests)

Coetzee and Stick..

And Nienaber was responsible for the defensive pattern at the Stormers not Coetzee.

We've had a horror run of coaches past 2007.

I really liked Meyer TBH.

You played some great rugby under him at times and I think he would really have suited Boks coach now as his old guard are mostly retired.

Prob the best game of rugby as a neutral I have seen.
[video]https://youtu.be/xVJRaKT-8js[/video]

Certainly played with heart, he just kept hold of too many players who had past it.

Tigs Man and Every time Ref - I suggest you two get a room.;).

Who needs a room.

Last edited:
Ugh how oblivious is Allistair Coetzee??

Now he's saying there's nothing wrong with his game plan.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/nothing-wrong-with-our-game-plan-coetzee-20161114

"We (the coaching staff) have analysed the game and are disappointed that the team couldn't maintain their performance in the first 30 minutes. England didn't look dangerous during that period," Coetzee said.

"But we made one mistake and the game changed. We had another soft moment and England scored their second try. It's debatable whether or not it should have been given, but an unforced error placed us in that position."

What I've loved most about this thread is that it utterly demonstrates the difference between football oiks and rugby fans, because if someone can find me a football thread that even gets close to discussing issues of engineering and aerodynamics I'll eat my pubes.

Oh and I agree. Tigs your analogies are truly terrible.

What I've loved most about this thread is that it utterly demonstrates the difference between football oiks and rugby fans, because if someone can find me a football thread that even gets close to discussing issues of engineering and aerodynamics I'll eat my pubes.

Oh and I agree. Tigs your analogies are truly terrible.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but be careful in how you phrase that sentence. Because I just did a quick google search and found several threads that involved football and aerodynamics and engineering...

At the time of appointment, Coetzee was the only SOUTH AFRICAN coach who looked qualified to take the job, with the exception of Ackermann (who was my preference, although he hadn't yet had his 2016 Super 18 runner-up season.)

The Stormers made the Super Rugby final in Coetzee's first year in charge, losing to the Bulls, and the Stormers made the Super Rugby play-offs in four of the six seasons they had under Coetzee. Since the introduction of the conference format, the Stormers were SA conference champions for three of the five years they had under Coetzee.

Whilst I think he has been a disastrous, "out of his depth" Bok coach (who should resign), I think it is hard to argue that he was not at least among the most qualified to take on the
job (at the time), alongside Ackermann, assuming SARU wanted a South African coach.

I would like to see him resign and for either Ackermann or a foreign coach to take over (unlikely I know).

I dont agree. Frans Ludeke at the time was qualified. Won currie cup, super rugby x2, and had international coaching experience (plus world cup 2015 coaching experience)

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh how oblivious is Allistair Coetzee??

Now he's saying there's nothing wrong with his game plan.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/nothing-wrong-with-our-game-plan-coetzee-20161114

That reminds me of Corne Krige when the Boks lost badly in his time as captain.
"We made a couple of mistakes and they took the game away from us"
That right there is a losing mentality.

Last edited:
I dont agree. Frans Ludeke is qualified. Won currie cup, super rugby x2, and has international coaching experience (plus world cup coaching experience)

The other candidates would have been:
Gert Smal
Rassie Erasmus
Frans Ludeke
Jake White
Jimmy Stonehouse
Gary Gold

Come to think of it. If we get those guys together, we would have a pretty decent coaching team.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but be careful in how you phrase that sentence. Because I just did a quick google search and found several threads that involved football and aerodynamics and engineering...

Hollywood baby!! I'm in the clear

They have so much untapped potential, they genuinely should be in the top 2/3 all the time and really challenge New Zealand.
Players like Bismark, Vermuelen, F. Steyn, Flouw and others have been left out, I know Louw is injured. They need to have a defined game plan, as what happens most of the time is they hit up the middle then kick somewhere. I'm not sure who the best SA coach to take over is, but they need to change quick. The forward pack is always going to be impressive, but they didn't have the intelligence at lineout time to challenge England. This is where the Boks should thrive, mauling wasn't used properly. PSDT being played on the flank with Alberts, having seen England recently they should know we were going to field a lightweight back row(minus Billy).
All in all it was far too easy for England and the score line could have been much worse.

Latest posts