Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by TRF_heineken, Oct 31, 2016.
Oh yes, forgot that.
Romano has gone back to NZ due to family bereavement.
I think the issue with Barrett Starting at lock is that he hasn't had enough time in the squad to learn all the moves and pickup
ALB is still only like 21 and playing Ireland in the US is a crazy scenario. Before ALB burst onto the scene IMO Moala was our best option at 13 but he kept picking up injuries at the worst time. I hope he taks this chance I think hes a far better option than Fekitoa. I'm not a big fan of the Naholo & Savea wing combination, but Dagg has had a big workload this year.
Still a strong side but it has to be said it wont be as impervious as our regular full strength side. Three locks out, flanker playing lock. Rotation in midfield. Cane returning from a long absence. Savea is a mixed bag. Smith returning after all his personal crap.
Add to that our goal kicking issues and this wont be a walk in the park. I dont know what shape the Irish team is in but they will feel they have a shot looking at this team sheet.
Key for the AB's really is that Cane is fresh from his time out, Smith is in a better head space, We've seen in the past that Smith usually plays well after a bit of a rest.
I think Moala should see how important this game is for him. This is his big chance for this tour and really this season. A big game here could even help ensure his selection next year considering his good showings against Samoa and the Welsh.
Conservative... The only reason I can think of for RK's inclusion is that he's our best 15 for covering and position because kicking isn't a weapon against NZ and he's our worst option in possession of the ball, NZ score a lot of 1st phase and turnover ball so maybe Schmidt sees something here. Ryan over Dillane screams to me that Schmidt sees one way we're going to win this game, an opening 40 like 2013 followed by more mobile subs in the last 20.
Well Ireland is as was rumoured. Been honest I hope we can win this but think we missed a trick not starting Ringrose and Payne at 15. We could've caught All Blacks with a bit of unknown but instead are being conservative and my prediction is we will keep within 3points until last 20 and then be hurt.
Anyway an impartial review of our team for the Kiwis!
1. McGrath - Best 1 in the world, seeking redemption.
2. Best - 29 games without a win? Best says no.
3. Furlong - Prime Wexford beef, this man is what all young fat kids dream to be.
4. Ryan - Stubborn as a mule and twice as ugly, this face is said to have made the front five of all international sides he's played since his debut in 2008 against the pumas cry.
5. Toner - He's less comical than he looks
6. Stander - He's South African, so he hates you, he's also very good and has a charming smile... Warm to him.
7. Murphy - His rugby is as good as his magnificent hair.
8. Heaslip - Difficult game for Jamie, you lads don't have BO'D to hurt anymore and he's unsure as to who he should kick in the head.
9. Murray - He's scored more against you lot than he has in his local nightclub, you know him well.
10. Sexton - He missed a big kick once, he's also going down in rugby's folklore for actions in Soldier Field.
11. Zebo - Imagine a player who is as good Zebo was bad against you in 2012 and you have Simon Zebo.
12. Henshaw - Take a look at his wiki... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man
13. Payne - Ever see the Lion King? Scar's going to win this time.
14. Trimble - Say your prayers, he might even help you.
15. Kearney - Devilishly handsome, he was rudely interrupted after some stunning foreplay three years ago, now he's going to **** you!
16. Cronin - Have you ever seen a two legged rhinoceros? Prepare yourself.
17. Healy - Another man who'll miss McCaw's head, expect big things from himself and Jamie without the distraction!
18. Bealham - He's good for 15.
19. Dillane - Don't be fooled by his boyish looks and hunched run, he'll hurt you.
20. Van der Flier - You lads thought Richie was good?!
21. Marmion - He's not that much worse than Luke McGrath!
22. Carbery - Imagine a better, younger, slightly shorter, handsome, Auckland born Beauden Barrett, probably the second best player in the world.
23. Ringrose - Better than Joey Carbery.
Also, I know he's soon to be an international rugby player and everything but is it generally accepted it must be **** to be Scott Barrett? I can't imagine him being seen in public and being asked anything other than if either of his two more fashionable, boner inducing bros are around!
Green by 1, Ringrose try at 81', JC with a touchline conversion.
So that Irish team is the chosen ones?
The ones destined to get so badly humiliated by the AB that no American would dare refer to themselves Irish American again......
Ws kind of hoping lickmy Ringrose would be starting TBH but that is a good squad certainly has the potential to beat the AB if they are at their best.
Hopefully it is a great game for the American audience.
I take it Paddy Jackson was overlooked because of the scandal around a sexual assault / rape allegation and not because he is considered further down the pecking order than Carbery surely?
- - - Updated - - -
Hells, I just saw the All Black side that has been named. Pretty much full strength and lethal. Ireland will be doing very well to be inside 20 points on a neutral venue.
Have you felt the winds of change friends?
What was the end score in that match?
Annoy us after the game, this is probably our only chance to be happy in here.
Was hoping to see Ringrose in the starting XV too. Young lads tend to be more disrespectful and that might be what you guys need against NZ. Then again, i agree with Bruce.
To be fair to Kearney I'd be gutted if he never beats the Kiwis. He's said losing in 2013 was the biggest regret of his career.
no way to watch this live in the United States... NBC is showing a taped delay at 8pm EST
horse racing and nascar will be available live during the day on nbc networks however
You serious? They take the game to the US to promote the sport and it's not shown live?
Some people can't organize a **** up at a brewery...
Really **** if you organize a game like this and then don't show it live.
i honestly don't know what to say... they have a couple videos up and in the description they say it will be shown live but all press releases and programming schedules say it's at 8 o'clock
i know most adult competitions gave all teams off this week so they either had the opportunity to go to chicago or watch it live, one local club was having a fundraiser planned to watch the game live at their clubhouse but they had to move it back
Ok so at this point its fair to say that Ireland are favorites in this test. I look forward to supporting the underdog for once
How have you come to that conclusion?
Bookies have NZ winning by 23
just by reading the last couple of pages here, the Irish are so confident. We have no McCaw or Carter and our halfbacks mind is in the toilet
Separate names with a comma.