• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Scotland vs. Argentina (19/11/2016)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Scotland.png
attachment.php
Argentina.png

Venue: Murrayfield
Time: 19:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I see South African born Cornell du Preez has been called up.

Anyone able to tell me anything about him, have we picked up another gem through the residency rule :) :)?

Cornell is a very solid and consistent back row performer but is no superstar. He's struggling to hold his place in the Edinburgh side this year due to some of the young Scottish talent coming through (e.g. Magnus Bradbury) and possibly due to the change in coach. A good man to have in your squad of 31 incase some injuries develop but not someone we should be looking to make a first choice starter in my opinion.

This could actually turn out to be the game of the weekend because both teams love to run it hard and go for it.

I was very disappointed in the Pumas in Wales and surprised at how strong Scotland were with a selection that wasn't the strongest in four or so positions. Im actually favouring Scotland in the battle of teams that like to throw away games they should win!

I was very disappointed in the Pumas in Wales and surprised at how strong Scotland were with a selection that wasn't the strongest in four or so positions. Im actually favouring Scotland in the battle of teams that like to throw away games they should win!

I'm not so sure, Argentina seem to suffer a bit from viewing the EOYTs as "friendlies" but they showed against Wales that they don't need much ball to score points, and I don't see Scotland denying them the ball like Wales did.

On the other hand, their defence can be shaky (if you have more imaginative attack than Wales), so it could be a high scorer

we are at the pure bottom now. there´s no way we can do it worst. it has to be up this time ! arg by 10!

Wales match seemed to me like we where dormant. We responded just enough to keep the match close and if we could take it great if not ohh well a loss. You never know if this team is the pitch or not any given day.

Im hopping that Scottland see us hurt and tries to trade blows. If they open a lot the game or dont slow us at break down we can win. If not i can see a game where Scotts chip us away with panalties and again few tries per side.

This could be Arg by 15+ or Scott by 10.

Due to our disaponting performace against Wales, now we must win this one.

However, no mater the result we get, is sad to see our limited capacity to adapt to the circunstances during a match.

I would take herrera out and Pierreto in. Lately he cant hold himself againt other props, he makes tons of penalties.

ps. i miss so much Ayerza and Tetaz Chaparro.

Why is Juan Pablo Estelles is on the bench??He plays in Northamptom Saints in Premiership.

Scotland: Hogg, Maitland, Jones, Dunbar, Seymour, Russell, Laidlaw (capt), Dell, Brown, Fagerson, Gilchrist, J Gray, Bradbury, Watson, Barclay.

Replacements: Ford, Allan, Low, Swinson, Wilson, Price, Horne, Visser.

Why is Juan Pablo Estelles is on the bench??He plays in Northamptom Saints in Premiership.

Interesting. Could be a sign he'll move to Super Rugby at the end of the season?

Strong Argentine side. Glad Tuculet is fit. Scotland side may be stronger than against Oz as Seymour on wing is a big upgrade on Visser. Although Brown at Hooker is a concern. Big news is debut of 21 year old back row Magnus Bradbury. Great selection given his form this season. Will be interesting to see him against Isa.

Cotter on Argentina. Seems very astute to me.

https://youtu.be/tb5W08vv54k

Scotland are the sort of side that can't put two good performances in back to back. Usually. But I fancy them here by 7-9.

Scotland team to play Argentina at BT Murrayfield in the Autumn Tests
This Saturday (19 November, kick-off 5pm) – live on BBC

15 Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 46 caps; 11 tries, 3 pens, 64 points

14 Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 24 caps; 3 tries, 15 points
13 Huw Jones (Stormers) – 2 caps; 2 tries, 10 points
12 Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps; 5 tries, 25 points
11 Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 29 caps; 13 tries, 65 points

10 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps; 2 tries, 3 cons, 1 pen, 19 points
9 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Gloucester) – 54 caps; 4 tries, 68 cons, 129 pens, 543 points

1 Allan Dell (Edinburgh Rugby) – 1 cap
2 Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 18 caps
3 Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 2 caps
4 Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby) – 13 caps; 1 try, 5 points
5 Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 26 caps; 2 tries, 10 points
6 Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh Rugby) – uncapped
7 Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 3 caps
8 John Barclay (Scarlets) – 53 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

Substitutes:
16 Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby) – 100 caps; 2 tries, 10 points
17 Alex Allan (Glasgow Warriors) – 1 cap
18 Moray Low (Exeter Chiefs) – 35 caps
19 Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors) – 24 caps
20 Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 21 caps
21 Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
22 Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 21 caps; 2 tries, 1 con, 1 pen, 15 points
23 Tim Visser (Harlequins) – 27 caps; 11 tries, 55 points

Unavailable through injury: Alasdair Dickinson (hamstring), Richie Gray (possible concussion), John Hardie (ankle/knee/concussion), Josh Strauss (calf).

I sincerely don't know and was thinking the same thing. THe only reason i could think of was that Estelles hasn't actually played for NS's first team yet. Still, it's a stretch.

I think that is because he don't have a long term contract. And the UAR may have good reasons to thinks he is moving to south next year.

Latest posts