• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Scotland vs. Argentina (19/11/2016)

What`s the sweet spot for the ranking(if there is one)? Japan and the 1/2/3 will be head of each group(or so i read). So 4/5/6/7 will go second then 8/9/10/11 and so on. So you can be 4/5/6/7 and get Scotland or Arg as 3d team in the group(currently 8 and 9). So except from Japan group 2 others will have 3 tough teams.

If this is the case then nothing is at stake, just having luck of going to Japan group.

I think that is because he don't have a long term contract. And the UAR may have good reasons to thinks he is moving to south next year.
Heard a similar thing. Apparently he has signed for Jaguares already thou his contract with NS ends in December. Just hasn't been announced yet.

What`s the sweet spot for the ranking(if there is one)? Japan and the 1/2/3 will be head of each group(or so i read). So 4/5/6/7 will go second then 8/9/10/11 and so on. So you can be 4/5/6/7 and get Scotland or Arg as 3d team in the group(currently 8 and 9). So except from Japan group 2 others will have 3 tough teams.

If this is the case then nothing is at stake, just having luck of going to Japan group.

That isn't confirmed yet to my knowledge, but I also strongly suspect Japan will be made a top seed as host (meaning that you need to finish 7th in the rankings to avoid being a third pool seed). If Scotland win by 15+ they will jump up to 7th ahead of the 6N (if France lose). A close Scotland win sees them go to 8th, with the chance to go higher in the 6N before the RWC draw. Any Argentina win would see them jump to 6th if France lose and make them very strong to be no worse than 7th when the RWC draw is made. So plenty to play for. Hopefully both teams can relegate France and Wales to 8th and 9th come May next year :D

http://irbrankingcalculator.azurewebsites.net/

Perfect weather today but close to freezing so might be a bit sore in contact. Not sure Argentina will fancy that after the sunshine of Super Rugby. Record crowd for a Scotland vs Argentina match is guaranteed following the same against Australia last week. After around 20 years in the doldrums it looks like Scottish rugby could be back to its more historic level relative to other Northern Hemisphere sides. I'm going with Scotland by 12-14 (EDIT: due to how cold it is).

Last edited:
I don't think i've ever seen Argentine supporters so unanimously optimistic (myself included). Scotland was not bad at all against Australia.
But, we need this win so bad it might be a bad case of wishful thinking.

Main thing I want to see from Scotland is some sensible play towards the end, especially if it's a close game. Don't panic and give it away again.

Did not have this down as a low scoring affair. Very tactical. The young Scottish forwards are holding their own. Thought Tuculet was injured? Glad he is not. Two great fullbacks on show.

Scrappy so far, neither side look convincing at the moment, though Scotland have the edge in points and territory.

The worst 28 minutes of "rugby" I've ever seen in my life

arg looking a bit more dangerous. hope we don't ruin with stupid knocks on and penalties

There is no excuse for the amount of knock ons. It is dry and there is hardly any wind. Perfect conditions.

Landajo is loosing balls at the base of the ruck a lot. He takes the eyes away and bam. As always disappointed with the Pumas haha

We've become one of the most boring teams in international rugby. We bring literally nothing interesting to the table. I agree with Jaguares.
I felt scammed after last game against Wales. Now i feel mugged.

Why is Juan Pablo Estelles is on the bench??He plays in Northamptom Saints in Premiership.

Because he's still a PLADAR player, he has signed a joker medical contract with Northampton for few months. He will be available to play for the Jaguares next season. The PLADAR players who aren't picked to the Pumas/Jaguares can sign short contract overseas

Latest posts