• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] Wales vs. Australia (05/11/2016)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Wales.png
attachment.php
Australia.png

Venue: Principality Stadium
Time: 16:30 CAT (SA, GMT +2)

Hope the Aussies win just so we can continue to have bragging rights.

Got tickets for this one, quite excited about it. Going to wait for the team announcement before I make any predictions! Wales are well overdue a win, but notoriously start poorly.

The Aussies seem to be finding form and I think Faletau's injury will be a very big issue for Wales. Aussie should win this, and I'm not sure it'll be too close either.

Wallabies seem to have rehabilitated Foley at 10 and I think they have too much quality for Wales if the Welsh go for a conservative team selection with the same old faces.

Wallabies seem to have rehabilitated Foley at 10 and I think they have too much quality for Wales if the Welsh go for a conservative team selection with the same old faces.

we seem to struggle against creativity <_<

I actually feel quite confident that we can win this game. Maybe it's the general optimism surrounding the regions compared to last season (well 3 of them anyway), with a glut of hugely talented players emerging. Howley is unlikely to pick those young exciting players v Aus, but we're still fully capable of beating a relatively poor Aussie side so long as we don't bottle it again.

Saying that, part of me is still preparing for the obligatory narrow loss!

I actually feel quite confident that we can win this game. Maybe it's the general optimism surrounding the regions compared to last season (well 3 of them anyway), with a glut of hugely talented players emerging. Howley is unlikely to pick those young exciting players v Aus, but we're still fully capable of beating a relatively poor Aussie side so long as we don't bottle it again.

Saying that, part of me is still preparing for the obligatory narrow loss!

in a way i hope the outcome is decided long before the last 5 mins. if we're winning by less than a score with 5 mins to go then i'l have no nails left

Wallabies to strong in this one. Finally founded a bit of form at Eden Park even if the score line says otherwise. Wouldn't surprise me if they roll all the way to Twickenham and then have a battle royal with England for the GS. Could be nice square up for the Aussies after what England did to them earlier this year.

Alun Wyn Jones has pulled out of the game due to bereavement.

RIP to his father Tim Jones.

Alun Wyn Jones has pulled out of the game due to bereavement.

RIP to his father Tim Jones.

just read this, awful news. RIP Tim Jones.

im assuming Gethin Jenkins will captain the side now that AWJ and Warburton are both out

Sad new for AW Jones

Honestly don't know how this will pan out as I hear Wales have some key injuries. Don't base your prediction on how we played against England in June or against NZ - everyone looks a shambles against NZ.

I'll be interested to see if the rumours are true - Folau shift to 13 and Haylett-Petty to drop back to 15. I think that's a good move. Hoping to see Speight and Naivalu on the wings and Hodge at 12 with either Cooper or Foley at 10.

Sad new for AW Jones

Honestly don't know how this will pan out as I hear Wales have some key injuries. Don't base your prediction on how we played against England in June or against NZ - everyone looks a shambles against NZ.

I'll be interested to see if the rumours are true - Folau shift to 13 and Haylett-Petty to drop back to 15. I think that's a good move. Hoping to see Speight and Naivalu on the wings and Hodge at 12 with either Cooper or Foley at 10.

I like Folau at 13 but Kepu's been one of your best players, so I don't want to see him dropped. Unless he's injured that is, in which case Folau to 13 is a great idea.

Didn't it go to Lyds last time? Or did Jenkins not play?

i dont think lydiate has started a match as captain, might have been passed to him mid game though. according to the WRU website the last captain apart from warbs and AWJ was bradley davies. so its possible he will get it as jenkins might be a little occupied with the scrum. i wouldnt mind either of them to be honest. would be nice to see a new captain though. webb would be a good choice IMO if we are selecting a new captain, has done it for the ospreys numerous times in the absence of AWJ.

i dont think lydiate has started a match as captain, might have been passed to him mid game though. according to the WRU website the last captain apart from warbs and AWJ was bradley davies. so its possible he will get it as jenkins might be a little occupied with the scrum. i wouldnt mind either of them to be honest. would be nice to see a new captain though. webb would be a good choice IMO if we are selecting a new captain, has done it for the ospreys numerous times in the absence of AWJ.

He started captain in the 2016 6 nations game against Italy. I think it's going to go to Jenkins.