• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] France vs. Japan (25/11/2017)

That Jap team is well coached. They shud have won had they taken their kicks (2 I think)

The experience in the French team counts for nothing now because the players confidence is shot. Once it's gone and with 7 games without a win, it's gone.

The draw is a win to Japan and a defeat to France. The French medias are calling it a defeat. Even the usually pro-union medias are starting to turn.

It's going to get worse for the union. The crowds are rapidly disappearing from Stade de France. They left at half-time v NZ and 1/3 of the seats were empty v SA. The team was booed off last night.

At least there's still 6 years until 2023... Enough time for a resurrection.

Wow!

I thought this match was excellent. It had everything - running rugby, some textbook French scrums, lead changes, some ****le and a few great tries. The best game of the weekend.

As a Bok fan I gotta say that someone has to be on the down as some of the Tier 2s climb up. Japan is a great side that really gives a lot to rugby. Who goes to Japan in the summer? It looks Italy.

Japan leading the score VS La Legion Etrangere* but failing to win in the end. Still...God bless The Cherry Blossoms

*French Foreign Legion

Japan leading the score VS La Legion Etrangere* but failing to win in the end. Still...God bless The Cherry Blossoms

*French Foreign Legion

You mean the Japanese foreign legion. Japan fielded at least 6 non Japanese players.

They'll be out of the Top 10 by then
You think it will take that long?

The sooner they drop out of the top 10, the more time they have to climb back up ;)

EDIT: Looking at the schedule, it seems as long as they beat Italy, they're safe until at least next Nov. No French rankings points at risk in 3 more All Blacks tests in June. We'll have to be patient.

Last edited:
You think it will take that long?

The sooner they drop out of the top 10, the more time they have to climb back up ;)

EDIT: Looking at the schedule, it seems as long as they beat Italy, they're safe until at least next Nov. No French rankings points at risk in 3 more All Blacks tests in June. We'll have to be patient.

I think it will happen before. A pool exit in Japan on the back of 2 **** poor 6N should see to it. I also think Italy will fancy their chances at home.

Latest posts