• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] France vs. New Zealand (11/11/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
France.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
New%20Zealand.png

Venue: Stade de France, Paris
Time: 21:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ioane a bit under the weather so unlikely to play...

So who replaces him? Duffie would provide the classic balance that they like, but Tamanivalu is probably higher in the pecking order.
Personally I'd go: 11. Naholo 14. Duffie 15. DMac

I guess moving DMac to the wing is an option too, but can't see that happening.

Exhibition game. TMC and beIN Sports have reportedly forked out 3M euros for the mid-week test. The money is just too good.

Fans in this country want to see competitive games though not exhibition.

3 tough tests are scheduled within a week. Madness. What does the union hope to achieve with such schedule nobody knows.

The m
Exhibition game. TMC and beIN Sports have reportedly forked out 3M euros for the mid-week test. The money is just too good.

Fans in this country want to see competitive games though not exhibition.

3 tough tests are scheduled within a week. Madness. What does the union hope to achieve with such schedule nobody knows.
The midweek game isn't a test though. It's France's B or C? team v NZsB team (although they are officially playing as the All Blacks).

There's nothing mad about a midweek tour match involving entirely different players.

FFR don't have 2 competitive test teams in stock. They're struggling to field one for the 6 Nations.

And the list of the walking wounded is longer than my arm - 16 players out from the initial group. Dropping like flies.

also please explain the relevance for a team ranked #8 and badly struggling for form, confidence etc. of playing the No1 team in the world twice in the same week?

Last edited:
FFR don't have 2 competitive test teams in stock. They're struggling to field one for the 6 Nations.

And the list of the walking wounded is longer than my arm - 16 players out from the initial group. Dropping like flies.

also please explain the relevance for a team ranked #8 and badly struggling for form, confidence etc. of playing the No1 team in the world twice in the same week?
They don't need 2 competitive test teams, as the second game isn't a test, and will be against a second string team. The opponents are also not unaffected by unavailabilities because of injuries and illness.

The relevance for France is they will get to trial and assess young fringe players in a near-test qualify match, against a different style of opponent than what they face weekly in Top14.

I don't know who is coaching the France Selection team, and how interwoven they are with the Noves team. But if they are in anyway competent they will have an excellent opportunity to gauge players, win or lose. Even gauging players with a 'not up to it' or 'need to work on x' will be a very valuable outcome for a coaching team.

That's what Hensen and co will be looking for with Duffie, Goodhue, Aumua etc

What you're saying applies to your team. Doesn't really apply to the union here.

FFR haven't been able to mount a reasonable challenge in the 6N with their A side. Never mind take on NZ twice even a B side for the 2nd game.

The union doesn't have that kind of depth. They'd like to think they do because they're delusional. And the current injury crisis is only compounding the issue.

It Would have made a lot more sense to play teams closer in rankings like Argentina and Fidji to get wins and rebuild confidence. We're much closer in standards to these countries than anything NZ or SA has to offer.

NZ sells better to TV companies. So this AI schedule over here is quite clearly money driven.

Last edited:
The AB AI itinerary has been cash earnings driven for over a decade as we use the exposure and the income to try to keep our players from flocking overseas by topping up their salaries.
It's a losing battle.
Losing Steven Luatua really hurts.
Talent like that doesn't come along very often.

Wow no ardie. Back 3 is very attack orientated. Wow. Awesome

French side is shocking. Having to rely on blokes like Bastaraud and Huget for any experience at all in the backs.

On a side note I hope that the French forwards give Dane Coles a bit of a ****le at the bottom of the ruck. The dirty prick needs to be handled by somebody. It amazes me how long's he's gotten away with his bullshit.

Does anyone know how people in the UK can watch this? i had a look on sky sports and BBC but it wasn't on either.

Latest posts