• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Georgia vs. Canada (11/11/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Georgia.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Canada.png

Venue: Dinamo Arena, Tbilisi
Time: 16:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Canada are probably close to being on a par with Russia or Germany just now, so should be comfortably beaten even if Georgia choose to play experimentally (which they should).

Canada drew over 29k fans last weekend to see them thumped by the Maori (a record crowd). Those long suffering fans could do with a surprise positive result. But this won't be it.

Canada could be so much better than they are and they have some decent players but they only seem to get a full strength side for about 3 games a year.
Georgia to win by 20. I'm interested to see how they get on after a mixed year, and I hope that they give Wales a game next week to show everyone what they've got and what they could bring to the six nations one day.

Georgian' side filled with young backs. Currently 16-8 for them. Official stream is

But seems inconsistent.

Highlights

Very encouraging to see some young Georgian backs from their domestic Didi league (so I am told) perform well, albeit against an ailing Canada side. Similar scoreline to Ireland vs Canada this time last year, so not to be sniffed at.

Good result for Georgia regardless of their opposition. 50 points against Canada is not bad at all especially as Georgia are a 'tier 2' side themself. We'll see where Georgia are at next week against Wales. I'm a big fan of Georgia, I just long for the day that they play Italy.

Good result for Georgia regardless of their opposition. 50 points against Canada is not bad at all especially as Georgia are a 'tier 2' side themself. We'll see where Georgia are at next week against Wales. I'm a big fan of Georgia, I just long for the day that they play Italy.

Rumours are this will happen next November. Even I might turn a blind eye to an Italian loss there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...ove-Georgia-Italy-showdown.html#ixzz4svGstFSM

Just had a look at the highlights. Georgia clearly dominated in the forwards and most of their tries came from there. If they want to take the next step forward then they need to be more dangerous in the backs. Although saying that, I loved the first try they scored with the cross field kick. Also, it seems Georgia have finally got themselves somebody who can kick at goal! They also have Aprasidze coming through at scrum half who can kick well close to 60m. And what an unbelievable finish for that one try, absolutely world class finish

Georgia know what they have to do to modernise. They were, rightly in my opinion, playing forward orientated rugby to try and get above say Argentina or France in the world rankings and shame World Rugby into change. They didn't work and so they appear to be now focussing more on running rugby. Their u20s seem to play the more modern game so I think we will see them make further moves in that direction.

Latest posts