• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Ireland vs. Argentina (25/11/2017)

Heard a rumour that NZ wanted one in Amsterdam too but demanded the full gate among other ridiculous things. Hopefully they get bummed over here and us and our London based Bros can get on with sauntering to a RWC final.
Rumours a similar agreement to Chicago is proposed to for MetLife Stadium. Issue is IRFU want it before Nov Series like Chicago but All Blacks want it after which would mean for some play NZ on a Sat and European club following weekend.

If it makes financial sense, it'd be great to play a game in New York. From a rugby perspective, it's also great because Ireland need as many tough tests as possible ahead of the World Cup.

Looks like Argentina and New Zealand are coming to Dublin next November along with an as yet unnamed tier 2 nation. I hope it's South Africa or France. Failing that, Fiji or Japan would provide the toughest test.

I don't know if I fancy the fourth test, we got riddled with injuries last year with three huge tests in four weeks and I don't want that 11 months from an RWC. I'd also like just the one test v NZ, get them back for that disgusting performance in Dublin last year and send 'em home saying "see ya in Japan". I think Ireland are the best positioned team to really get the best of NZ, not that we're a better side than England but we're the opposites of NZ and capable of beating them which is how SA had the better of them for so long, and I think one bruising win at home with a lot of bad feeling after it would be the best way to set us up prior to RWC 2019 to beat them again.

I'd absolutely welcome it. I've been saying it for a while. We should be using games against the likes of New Zealand, Fiji, Georgia, Japan and even your more average World Cup pool games to build depth for the Six Nations and big tests against England and Scotland as we did on our tour to Japan and the U.S this summer.. And if we have to play the game in New York or Wellington to grow the game in promising up and coming countries, then so be it.

Latest posts