• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Ireland vs. Argentina (25/11/2017)

I'd have liked to see de la Fuente start, but otherwise I like the Puma 9-15. Irelands pack will limit the opportunities of the Pumas though. But this game is not a done deal. Even though it was only Italy you'd imagine coming off a victory might give the Pumas a wee lift.
How dare you come here and suggest we're beatable?

To be honest I don't think Byrne has much issues in the backfield, he covers very well. Destroyed may not have been the word but he was dominant and had a very positive effect. He's a terrible defender against players with ball in hand and usually seems to completely guess what he has to do and its cost Leinster again and again since the Scarlets exposed him to beat us, hopefully Joe has him drilled.

Kearney had to be in, Argentina must be respected despite what has been said on this thread and a back three with less than 10 caps between them would be far too big a risk. Hopefully we open up a lead and Conway comes on for him but he's number one until anyone takes their chance in a tier 1 international to displace him (Zebo had many chances and mixed the sublime with the ridiculous again and again, Payne was needed at 13 and wasn't irreplaceable in SA) this is a tier 1 game with an experimental and inexperienced squad but the positions where mistakes can be hugely costly, 15, 9 and 10 have bags of experience which will only help the younger lads and make room for to test the waters for a new 15 in the future. It'll be Conway or Stockdale who will have plenty of caps and know the role from working closely with RK too, it'll happen when needed, its not right now.
While I understand what you're sayin I don' think Kearney even offers that level of comfort. Like you say Zebo has had bags of chances there but if you look he has very few caps at 15 and majority of games there he was very good. But he shouldn't be picked of it's being based on future. I get we have 2 inexperienced wing but we have a poor 15 who has gathered his last 15-20 caps on name more than form. And he has to be phased out for the clamour of better options sooner rather than later.
And on Argentina lets be real. This team that takes the field tomorrow are a poor tier 1 if even that. Add in their European guys and we have a serious outfit but tomorrow's team are in terrible form and we will beat them by 20+ points

this is our best pack available. hope they can cope
concratulations to Ireland for the great win!!
consistent performance!

looks like you won already..

Why is the match time in South African time? Lucky someone said the kick off time to me or I wouldn't have been home in time for it.

5:30 Irish time so it would be 6:30 or 7:30 in SA depending on how many hours they are ahead of us.

this is our best pack available. hope they can cope
concratulations to Ireland for the great win!!
consistent performance!

looks like you won already..

Who are the players to watch out for? Can't say I've seen too much of Argentina this year but they do play some nice rugby and can open teams up. I think they might score a few tries today.

Irelands tactics today should be to give the ball to Stockdale.

Seeing Chris Farrell is 24... I can't think of anything I'd want more than be good enough to play test rugby but those genetics aren't worth that face.

Don't know why everyone shocked on Farrell being in. I'm blue in face saying since summer how Schmidt played big part in bringing him back and well was obviously backing him from then

Don't know why everyone shocked on Farrell being in. I'm blue in face saying since summer how Schmidt played big part in bringing him back and well was obviously backing him from then

Yep, has clearly been a huge fan for ages.

Also Schmidt is huge on how training as we mean to play. Reportedly Aki had been practising at 12 all week. McCloskey isn't a 13; ergo Farrell.

The thing about Farrell is he has done some good things for Munster this season as well as the bad things. So while he has made some headline errors, there is potential there. He is very big and hard to stop once he gets going so by cutting out the fancy stuff he could be a solid option going forward.

I can see this being a hammering listening to ROG. Can't see logic viewing this as close.
Argentina away, without European guys, a poor Jaguares club team no form and at end of season

Pretty good so far, would like a more clinical touch but can't have everything. No bad performances.

Robnoxious Kearange on full display.

Hope Byrne gets some more ball in space.

Delighted with my pre match prediction. This Arg team is awful. Stats say that too

I'll still never forgive Stockdale scoring the try to put us out of the schools cup, but it's incredible how comfortable he looks already at this level

Latest posts