• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Ireland vs. Argentina (25/11/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Ireland.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Argentina.png

Venue: Aviva Stadium
Time: 19:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ireland will chip us away they will eventually win by 20/30. Then go and win 6N next year and then get a false sense of security and lose in the RWC to anyone in the Quarter finals xD

I fear for the Puma pack, Italy dominated them in the first half and Ireland are stronger than Italy up front. I'd love to see Argentina really compete, but i think it should be comfortable for Ireland. Although I'm still mystified by that Fiji scoreline last week; so who knows.

The thing everyone is missing is Pumas are playing poorly, exhausted and just wanting to be done.

The thing everyone is missing is Pumas are playing poorly, exhausted and just wanting to be done.

Yep, that and the emotive side after the last RWC, we therefore have no excuse not to absolutely batter this lot. I'm really hoping for a statement here.

Would have liked Carbery to have started this game which is unfortunate, or at least played a significant portion.

Will Schmidt go for 100% strength? Do we need that? I wouldn't mind seeing Conway at 15 again & maybe give Toner a rest.

Yep, that and the emotive side after the last RWC, we therefore have no excuse not to absolutely batter this lot. I'm really hoping for a statement here.

Would have liked Carbery to have started this game which is unfortunate, or at least played a significant portion.

Will Schmidt go for 100% strength? Do we need that? I wouldn't mind seeing Conway at 15 again & maybe give Toner a rest.
He will go strong 15 as we got a scare last weekend. I agree Conway should be 15 a R Kearney was poor and in my eyes isn't a starter anymore but Schmidt will start him. Toner should've been rested last week. He will start this week as he is too vital to set piece and no supporting act did enough either.

They're not playing poorly, they're just a poor side.
People think they're the same side they were 10 years ago but they're simply not.

Hey everyone look at the nerd. I bet this dweeb reads for fun, got good marks in school and isn't emotionally and intellectually stunted. Won't they be missing you on University challenge tonight Narp?

I skipped it just to flaunt my calculator skillz

People think they're the same side they were 10 years ago but they're simply not.
Possibly that too. But they seem to have no interest this week by sounds of it.
Basically said they're exhausted, not interested and the Nov internationals are too close to Rugby Championship and it's too much travelling.

They just aren't selecting European based players due to their Super rugby experiment.

If they did they would be better than Ireland again.

Possibly that too. But they seem to have no interest this week by sounds of it.
Basically said they're exhausted, not interested and the Nov internationals are too close to Rugby Championship and it's too much travelling.
Suppose, But they're still a poor side, just playing poorer right now, I guess.

They just aren't selecting European based players due to their Super rugby experiment.

If they did they would be better than Ireland again.
Better than they are right now? Probably, But not markedly.
Better than Ireland? No chance at all.

Suppose, But they're still a poor side, just playing poorer right now, I guess.

Better than they are right now? Probably, But not markedly.
Better than Ireland? No chance at all.
And yet, the last time they had a full team available for selection they beat them comfortably.

And yet, the last time they had a full team available for selection they beat them comfortably.
But Ireland didn't have a full team...

Argies have regressed pretty badly like the other two chasing RC sides. It's also their choice to handicap themselves and have a stupid system whereby a club side is expected to compete internationally.

Latest posts