• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Romania vs. Samoa (18/11/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Romania.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Samoa.png

Venue: Stadionul National Arcul de Triumf, Bucuresti
Time: 15:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

With Samoas performance last week (and Romania shamefully not being offered a fixture) this has gone from a prediction of a fairly comfortable Romanian victory to me favouring Samoa. They made mincemeat of Scotland in and around the ruck and that sort of power is required in the more narrow field in Romania.

Should be an excellent match.

Lineups:

Romania

1. Lazar (Castres)
2. Radoi (Timisoara Saracens)
3. Ursache (Carcassonne)
4. van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare)
5.Antonescu (Tarbes)
6.Gorcioaia (Massy)
7.(C) Macovei (Colomiers)
8.Burcea (CSM Bucuresti)
9.Surugiu (Steaua Bucuresti)
10.Vlaicu (Steaua Bucuresti)
11.Dumitru (Steaua Bucuresti)
12.Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
13.Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti)
14.Tangimana (Timisoara Saracens)
15.Simionescu (Timisoara Satacens)

Subs:
16. Badiu (Timisoara Saracens)
17. Cojocaru (Stiinta Baia Mare)
18. Gordas (Steaua Bucuresti)
19. Muresan (Timisoara Saracens)
20. Nistor (Albi)
21. Bratu (Dinamo Bucuresti)
22. Umaga (Timisoara Saracens)
23. Neagu (Steaua Bucuresti)

Samoa:

15 Ah See Tuala,
14 Paul Perez,
13 Kieron Fonotia,
12 Reynold Lee-Lo,
11 David Lemi,
10 Tim Nanai-Williams,
9 Dwayne Polataivao,
8 Ofisa Treviranus,
7 Jack Lam,
6 Piula Faasalele,
5 Chris Vui (c),
4 Faatiga Lemalu,
3 Donald Brighouse,
2 Motu Matu'u,
1 Jordan Lay
Subs: 16 Manu Leiataua, 17 James Lay, 18 Hisa Sasagi, 19 Brandon Nansen, 20 Maurie Faasavalu, 21 Melani Matavao, 22 Jj Taulagi, 23 Alapati Leiua

Some big names missing from Oaks' squad like Timisoara's back three Fercu and Sheenan, Vali Ursache (Oyonnax), Tarus (Sale Sharks) due to injury or club duty, it seems Howells wants to rotate players in this match. Tarus will come for Tonga and Ursache is expected to be back in REC 2018 after more than an year hiatus due to personal problems and now he asked some time off to focus on his club to avoid relegation.

It is surprising to see young Simionescu starting in such a difficult match. The bench is especially young, only Badiu and Umaga are experienced enough. It is strange to see Muresan selected ahead of Poparlan in second row but I think staff wants to rotate as many players as possible.

Neagu is a late call up due to last moment injuries of Calafeteanu and Luke Samoa. He showed good form for Steaua this season on the wing.

Last edited:
Telekom sport is not as friendly as Dolce. No listing on rugbytvro and I can't even access the Telekom website!

Telekom sport is not as friendly as Dolce. No listing on rugbytvro and I can't even access the Telekom website!

Telekom is the re-branding Dolce ;)

Don't think will be on facebook but this is their page for future Super Liga matches, they broadcast one / round free on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/telekomsportromania/about/?ref=page_internal

I think the link to Romania - Samoa page will appear later on rugbytv.ro and I'm sure you'll find a good stream later .. sadly I'll leave from home very early today so I won't be able to post links.
Btw Dolce site is still up and it's the same company and here Telekom site works very well.

Romania 17 - 13 Samoa

Good game by Oaks, a rather slow start and very physical first half in a rainy weather which created some handling issues for both teams. Samoa entered the half time with a pretty good advantage but the game sparked in second half and Oaks eventually won it with two tries scored and unanswered by Samoans. Romanian defense was unforgiving in second half and the pack annihilated the Islanders. Respect to Samoa, well played and very fair play team.

Highlights:

FRR highlights:

First half:

Second half:

Latest posts