• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Scotland vs. Australia (25/11/2017)

Hogg and Dunbar are two big losses. Maitland is fine at 15, but a big drop off. Horne at 12 balances some of the playmaking loss at least, but I think he'll struggle in defence.

Wah wah wee wah!

McGuigan loves scoring from repeated football style kicks, He's got about 4 for us this season doing that

What's that? A Player scoring by kicking on from an Aussie mistake? I thought those didn't count! Outrageous!

#sacktheref

Well played McGuigan. Australia are quite sloppy at the moment. Bit worried though about some of Scotland's tackling, Australia finding it a bit too easy to break the gainline right now.

Gotta be a red there,
Similar to SBW on the Lions tour, no need, no excuses.

As good as Russell's attack is his kicking from hand and his defence leave a lot to be desired.
He could have easily stopped Beale's try, that was a textbook one high one low, but he just made a halfhearted grasp and let Beale fall over the tryline.

Edit:
Horne is quality

Last edited:
Scotland doing exactly what you should when the opposition is a man down for the rest of the game. Take your chances, be clinical and put them to the sword.

Scotland really are a different beast thanks to Cotter and now Townsend, lovely attacking play. Gatland really ****** up taking Howler over Townsend with the Lions and not taking more Scottish players.

Scotland really are a different beast thanks to Cotter and now Townsend, lovely attacking play. Gatland really ****** up taking Howler over Townsend with the Lions and not taking more Scottish players.

Nah to be fair to Gatland I'm pretty sure Townsend turned him down first. I can't think of any home nations coach would want to work FOR gatland, so it's not surprising.

Welcome to the top four Scotland! It's a wonderful place without Wales and now Fosters!

Of course when Ireland appear to be in a really easy group Scotland go and become the best they've been this millennium.

Nah to be fair to Gatland I'm pretty sure Townsend turned him down first. I can't think of any home nations coach would want to work FOR gatland, so it's not surprising.

Gatland offered the position of assistant attacking coach to townsend, ie he would have been working under Howley. THAT any self respecting coach would turn down.

Gatland offered the position of assistant attacking coach to townsend, ie he would have been working under Howley. THAT any self respecting coach would turn down.

Didn't know that....ok, that's ******* retarded. Gatland is a total idiot.

In other news, terrible refereeing there - Australia's carrier was basically to ground with Scotland trying to hold him up. Usually the official should say tackle now release but he let the situation go on for about a minute until the ball had been ripped. French referees not doing their reputation any favours.