• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Wales vs. Georgia (18/11/2017)

Not beating Wales = good enough to beat Scotland... But Scotland beat Wales and Australia while coming a lot closer to NZ than any Gatland Welsh side ever has, dunno man, but I reckon one of us is arse talking here!
VC talking out his arse? Say it isn't so!

How can a try be awarded then pulled back by a tmo intent on running the game for Wales that Amos 2nd try should of stood these tmo 50/50 are in danger of ruining this great game, it almost cost us the match which is ridiculous

How can a try be awarded then pulled back by a tmo intent on running the game for Wales that Amos 2nd try should of stood these tmo 50/50 are in danger of ruining this great game, it almost cost us the match which is ridiculous
But it was a correct call.

Those kind of calls have gone unnoticed for years in Tier 1 vs Tier 2 games. I remember Argentina scoring 2 tries against us after clear infringements on the world cup. I'd rather have had TMO intervene and disallow those tries.

I think last pass on Amos try was forward as well.

Those kind of calls have gone unnoticed for years in Tier 1 vs Tier 2 games. I remember Argentina scoring 2 tries against us after clear infringements on the world cup. I'd rather have had TMO intervene and disallow those tries.

Where?

The video is unavailable to me but Look at the hooker clearly throwing lineouts to his team, ref let it go during the whole game.

Straight throws at lineouts do seem to less frequent than they should be. I remember in one of the USA's pool games in the RWC their first two or three throws were all pinged - and TBH they didn't seem much worse than anybody else's.
Mike

Straight throws at lineouts do seem to less frequent than they should be. I remember in one of the USA's pool games in the RWC their first two or three throws were all pinged - and TBH they didn't seem much worse than anybody else's.
Mike
Perhaps, but the Difference is when one team gets called for it and the other doesn't. Or when one team is throwing straight and other isn't.

My point is that the try had been awarded by the referee and the conversion was getting a lined up and then a TMO hell bent on ruining the game for us pulls it back ruining the rip went forward it was very marginal and hard to judge but those 50/50 should be left alone and favour the attacking team or we are in danger of over analysing everything ! No the final pass to Amos was not forward just to clarify.

My point is that the try had been awarded by the referee and the conversion was getting a lined up and then a TMO hell bent on ruining the game for us pulls it back ruining the rip went forward it was very marginal and hard to judge but those 50/50 should be left alone and favour the attacking team or we are in danger of over analysing everything ! No the final pass to Amos was not forward just to clarify.
Oh come on, if that was 50/50 so are my chances with Charlize Theron.

Problem there is that it wasn't called right away not that it was called at all.

The demand hence should be better trained refs to see those episodes better not more lax TMO.

as for Amos I said "I think" because I never saw angle from the sideline, every angle they showed was either from behind or from the front. If you happen to have a better angle video that would clear it up in an instant.

not surprised at all that the match descended into a mess in the second half, always does when Gatland makes wholesale changes. Too many new combinations, too much disruption.

Doesn't help that the officiating was shambolic as well. Imo 2 clear Welsh try's were disallowed in the first 30min. Dacey's flick onto Priestland (who was through for a try) clearly went backwards + i don't think a knock on applies to rips, which it clearly was from Smith in the lead up to Amos' try. Ball called in touch when Amos clearly got his foot to it was another shocking call. A few went against Georgia as well, so they were terrible all round. Ref showed he didn't properly know the rules at the end!

Regarding that finale. Brown's 'injury' was very fortunate. All looked a little fishy to me , and I don't feel at all comfortable about it. Doesn't matter about Smith, because neither he or Wyn Jones have experience at tighthead.

Lastly on Georgia. Apart from a decent showing in the tight, they were shockingly poor. Sorry to say thy nothing in that game made me thought they'd challenge in the 6 nations. All for a play-off between against the bottom side in the 6 nations, but they'd need to find some backs to stand a chance of beating Italy.

Perhaps, but the Difference is when one team gets called for it and the other doesn't. Or when one team is throwing straight and other isn't.
Absolutely - I wasn't clear enough. To my mind the USA's throws didn't seem any worse than those of their opponents (for the life of me, can't remember who they were playing - they played Scotland, Samoa and Japan in their pool - I don't think that it was Scotland, but by no means sure)
Mike

As a neutral observer - I'm English - I was surprised at the selection of what looked very much like a second XV by Wales. With the All Blacks to come, I would have thought that a hard 'trial' for the likely first 23 would have been essential to give them a chance to sharpen combinations, sort out communications, etc., against robust but limited opponents, As for the game itself - hate saying this, but I thought that it was dire.
MIke

I agree with this, I think he should have put the same team that went against Aus but with a few of the younger players in. What did we 'learn' from this game? Cuthbert still shouldn't be in the side, Preistland is still a good player (although Patchell should have got some game time), Lydiate is good at tackling, Liam Williams is a better attacking FB than halfpenny, Seb Davies is not and 8? It was such a waste of a game for both sides.

Right, so....

France did it last year.
Now the Welsh have done it.

What are WR gonna do about "injured" prop cheating?

I suppose a suggestion would be, if you are subbed for tactical reasons, you have to go back on again. Or, if they had an independent medical team for concussion assessment onsite anyway, they could assess whether a player is withdrawn because of injury.

Right, so....

France did it last year.

I suppose a suggestion would be, if you are subbed for tactical reasons, you have to go back on again. Or, if they had an independent medical team for concussion assessment onsite anyway, they could assess whether a player is withdrawn because

You can't put a prop back on who is suffering with leg cramps , uncontested was the correct call .

Right, so....

France did it last year.

I suppose a suggestion would be, if you are subbed for tactical reasons, you have to go back on again. Or, if they had an independent medical team for concussion assessment onsite anyway, they could assess whether a player is withdrawn because of injury.

I think it was disgraceful with what Wales done but since nothing happened with France I doubt anything will happen to Wales.

You can't stick a prop back on who is suffering leg cramps? There was no alternative , uncontested was the correct call.

You can't stick a prop back on who is suffering leg cramps? There was no alternative , uncontested was the correct call.

Leon Brown seemed fine and ready to come back on. There is a chance he was trying to get back on even though the physio was saying no, if this is true I don't know but it looked extremely suspicious.

Leon Brown seemed fine and ready to come back on. There is a chance he was trying to get back on even though the physio was saying no, if this is true I don't know but it looked extremely suspicious.

I think it was a genuine call , it's quite common for forwards to cramp up after a match

Assuming he had leg cramps. The hypocrisy is the most staggering thing with the Welsh screeching to high heaven about this cheating and then doing pretty much the same themselves. Had Wales not kicked up such a fuss about it then I don't think this would be such a big story.

Latest posts