• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Wales vs. New Zealand (25/11/2017)

I don't know about that for NZ. Gats has never come closer than 7 points. I think it could be a bad one for the Welsh.

I hear ya, it's a funny one.
Hansen doesn't look like he wants to make friends with Gatland, he might want to put the hurt on Wales.
Wales have a few injuries and that always makes it hard.
The All Blacks are looking a bit knackered and also this team is undercooked, they need another 15-20 tests together to get the bonds that are necessary to win a RWC

The All Blacks are looking a bit knackered and also this team is undercooked, they need another 15-20 tests together to get the bonds that are necessary to win a RWC

way way undercooked and thats exactly where we need to be for the next WC. the incumbents have been identified but we need to build our depth with the 2nd and 3rd string players.
i feel ABs are in a very good place at the moment. Sopoaga needs more game time, especially with Mo'unga knocking on the door.
SBW is coming along nicely
2 new props (Laulala and Hames) that are capable of footing it at international level.
things are looking constructively positive.

This is Wales' best chance in years to topple the All Blacks, They are at home, playing against an All Black side missing several key players, and which, by their own admission, is playing poorly by their standards.

If Wales bring their "A" game and the AB's don't, there is going to be a stone under the beach towel over the summer like there was at the end of 2012.

The problem for Wales is there are missing their two best backs in Jon Davies and Liam Williams, they are also missing about 20 flankers although Navadi and Shingler are pretty decent. I don't see Wales beating the AB, I think they will win by 10, getting more and more disillusioned with the management. All the home nations seem to be making progress while Wales always seem to be in building phase never really getting anywhere.

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (72 Caps)
14. Hallam Amos (Dragons) (13 Caps)
13. Scott Williams (Scarlets) (49 Caps)
12. Owen Williams (Gloucester) (2 Caps)
11. Steff Evans (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys) (58 Caps)
9. Rhys Webb (Ospreys) (29 Caps);
1. Rob Evans (Scarlets) (18 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
3. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (25 Caps)
4. Jake Ball (Scarlets) (27 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (Ospreys) (111 Caps)
6. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (11 Caps)
7. Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues) (5 Caps)
8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (68 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:
16. Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) (6 Caps)
17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
18. Leon Brown (Dragons) (2 Caps)
19. Cory Hill (Dragons) (8 Caps)
20. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (51 Caps)
21. Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (26 Caps)
22. Rhys Priestland (Bath) (49 Caps)
23. Jamie Roberts (Harlequins) (93 Caps)

The oracle that is Wales Online is correct again. I don't mid the starting line up considering the players that are out. Bench however I have a few issues with, Roberts is a waste of a selection and will be detrimental to the game-plan if he has to come on early. Cory Hill doesn't really offer much off the bench and would rather have Seb Davies.

ALL BLACKS: Damian McKenzie, Waisake Naholo, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith; Luke Whitelock, Sam Cane, Liam Squire, Sam Whitelock (capt), Patrick Tuipulotu, Nepo Laulala, Codie Taylor, Kane Hames. Reserves: Nathan Harris, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Scott Barrett, Matt Todd, TJ Perenara, Lima Sopoaga, Anton Lienert-Brown.

this back 3 has a lot of potential if they could just click
i prefer samWhitelock as captain. no BS, lets scrum the hell out of them mentality.
happy to see tuipolotu back. he needs to make up some serious ground to get to where he was a year ago
surprised squire wasnt moved into 8 but lukeWhitelock is no slouch and deserves a shot

That is a pretty decent Welsh side albeit missing JD2, Liam Williams and Warbs. Surprised Hansen is sticking with such a strong selection. Maybe sticking with them until they click.

Hard to see anything other than a routine AB victory here as I don't see many tries coming from Wales.

My fear is that if and its bloody big IF, we do manage against the odds to beat what appears to be a young and largely inexperienced ABs, the coaching staff and selectors will think all is well and that we'll win the next 2 6N at a canter and then the WC. Whilst in reality unless we have our 1st choice 23 we will struggle to better 3rd place in each 6N and 1/4 final WC at best. Without the flare players Tips and the as yet uncapped James Davies in the forwards and Liam W, Johny Fox, Webb, Stef Evans and a fit and in form Sam D and Kelan Giles or Eli Walker we haven't much hope.

So after thoroughly smashing the hapless Scots last week, I expect the ABs sublime demolition of the North to continue here.

75-6 ABs.

Nominate the escrow account, I'll take Wales +68.5.

Seriously though, I've put a bit under 20% of my bank on the ABs outright, does anyone want to talk me out of going in heavier?

Man, offset that with another bet on Wales. If AB's will lose a game, it's here.

/unbiased mode disabled.

You seem to have a long red bar beside your game, so I've given this a like!

Your comment strikes me as rather safe - with one test remaining, if the ABs lose one, it's here. I think that the ABs are poor enough to lose it, but I can't see a way that Wales are good enough to win it if that makes any vague sense!

It comes down to desire.
How much do Wales want it?
Not so much at the beginning of the game, but at the 65 minute mark when the tiredness starts to make an impact and the desire can be eroded by the amount of effort required to get across the line. That's when a teams and an individuals 'belief' is really put to the test.
Wales ooze talent but can they fill their bucket of hunger and desire and keep it filled to the 80 minute mark?
If they can then the All Blacks will be in for a torrid time.

It comes down to desire.
How much do Wales want it?
Not so much at the beginning of the game, but at the 65 minute mark when the tiredness starts to make an impact and the desire can be eroded by the amount of effort required to get across the line. That's when a teams and an individuals 'belief' is really put to the test.
Wales ooze talent but can they fill their bucket of hunger and desire and keep it filled to the 80 minute mark?
If they can then the All Blacks will be in for a torrid time.

This is not a vintage Welsh side. No offense to Welsh fans but the ABs should swat aside this XXIII with relative ease.

Its true, Wales will probably lose this match, but the ABs really don't hold the aura the way they used to. Teams aren't scared of them any more. Remember that Haka back in the day when Ryan Jones and all stared it down. What a moment! Was it 2008 or something I can't remember?

... the ABs really don't hold the aura the way they used to. Teams aren't scared of them any more.

Doesn't seem to be helping them though, the AB's are knackered and they are putting together a new look team for 2019, on the way they have lost two games this year, one in a drawn series against the best Lions side in a long time, and the other in a dead rubber in Aussie.

I'm not concerned.
If we don't lose sometimes then complacency creeps in and we will get sucker punched like we did in 2007.
Eyes on the prize

Damn I was hoping that we didn't get the Eddie butler introduction after all we know we are gonna get annihilated

Latest posts