• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Wales vs. New Zealand (25/11/2017)

Well that's a disappointing way to give a game to NZ. Good positives for Wales. Maybe a couple of games too early, need to add a bit of game management to the game and they'll go well come February.

And the game's off again. Haha. Damn, this game was one Wales could have won. They probably should have won too.

Jiffy really is an arse. At that scrum on the Welsh 22 he was saying that NZ would use SBW to bash up the middle and offload, so the Welsh defenders had to watch him.

But then when NZ used SBW as a decoy for Riko he said that he knew they'd do that and he say it from a mile off.

What a ***.

I'm sure there will be some Welsh posters and pundits saying how despite the result there was a few positives. But at the end of the day you look at where the other home nations are and compared to this Wales side now you can only see them finishing 5th in the next 6 nations. That NZ side was there for the taking and they somehow ended up losing by 15 points! If there is a single moment to show why this management isn't fit to take Wales forward, you couldn't get a better example than seeing Roberts come on in the 60th odd minute.

What game are you watching? The 2 ABs were literally shoulder to shoulder just as he tried to run through. Seriously, you're as bad as the Aussies in your denial. This isn't new, ABs have a reputation for repeatedly doing this over the last 2 years.

You take a look at the head on view. They were running directly along a line from where the ball was kicked to where it was going to land, and they have the absoloute right to do so. If you are saying that is illegal, then in which direction should they be allowed to run, or are you saying that the players have to get out of the way?

You take a look at the head on view. They were running directly along a line from where the ball was kicked to where it was going to land, and they have the absoloute right to do so. If you are saying that is illegal, then in which direction should they be allowed to run, or are you saying that the players have to get out of the way?

How can 2 players, starting about 5m apart, both run along the line of where the ball was kicked (the the left of both of them from a Wales perspective) and magically end up running shoulder to shoulder just as the Welsh player gets to them and about half way along the run?

Commentator Jonathan Davies in 'nice' bias form. He actually said 'WE!' - no surprise

Almost as bad as Butler who it appears think's that his former side's captain's surname is Wyn Jones! To be fair to Jiffy, he did get a few caps so has a reason to feel enfranchised, @ThebigARena used "we" during a match, rather poor form to be posting here during the match if you're part of the side.

How can 2 players, starting about 5m apart, both run along the line of where the ball was kicked (the the left of both of them from a Wales perspective) and magically end up running shoulder to shoulder just as the Welsh player gets to them and about half way along the run?

Are you a politician? It would be polite to answer smartcooky's question before asking your own.

In my experience, as things get closer together, they tend to converge!

Plot it and you might be right that there should have been more of a gap. Then look at the law book and find the law that says that defenders who aren't running withing half a degree of the ball will be penalised.

They were actually about 2-3m apart, one slightly ahead of the other. The ball was kicked on a line DIRECTLY between them, and the both turn inwards toward the flight of the ball (which they are allowed to do) and then ran DIRECTLY towards where the ball landed (which they are also allowed to do).

I ask the question (the one you avoided answering) again,

"If you are saying that [running DIRECTLY towards where the ball landed] is illegal, then in which direction should they be allowed to run, or are you saying that the players have to get out of the way?"

... and this rime please answer the bloody question.

They were actually about 2-3m apart, one slightly ahead of the other. The ball was kicked on a line DIRECTLY between them, and the both turn inwards toward the flight of the ball (which they are allowed to do) and then ran DIRECTLY towards where the ball landed (which they are also allowed to do).

I ask the question (the one you avoided answering) again,

"If you are saying that [running DIRECTLY towards where the ball landed] is illegal, then in which direction should they be allowed to run, or are you saying that the players have to get out of the way?"

... and this rime please answer the bloody question.

I'm saying they didn't directly run towards the ball. How about you watch where they are looking? BOTH players are looking over their shoulder at the Welsh player and converge to block, at no point does either player actually look at the ball so how about you stop your sanctimonious bullshit and actually watch it again?

1:03 for your benefit. Tell me when either of the blocking players actually looks at the ball because they certainly spend time looking to see where the Welsh player is. Neither ran directly to the ball, they turned and ensured they blocked the runner whilst running in the rough direction of the kick.

Also JonesBoy grow up, going through and negging every single comment is pathetic.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see two NH sides play like Scotland and Wales did in the past week. Great that 6th and 7th in the world can put in a pretty good performance and, more importantly, entertain the pants off anyone watching.

I'm sure there will be some Welsh posters and pundits saying how despite the result there was a few positives. But at the end of the day you look at where the other home nations are and compared to this Wales side now you can only see them finishing 5th in the next 6 nations. That NZ side was there for the taking and they somehow ended up losing by 15 points! If there is a single moment to show why this management isn't fit to take Wales forward, you couldn't get a better example than seeing Roberts come on in the 60th odd minute.

A little bit harsh, but only a little. I found the ball handling, control and power of the Welsh forwards quite eye opening in this one. As said above, Navidi has made the step up.

Amos looking the business is great as I've liked him from when I first saw him last year, excellent mental qualities. The 10-12 axis will improve, key injuries to arguably the two most creative backs and over 400 metres made and 60%+ possession against a top defence. Not a day for long faces in Wales.

Number 4 runs a semi decent line towards the ball after looking where Evans is. Number 1 clearly looks and then runs across to shut the space. It is blocking and it's NZ trying to manipulate the rules. Basically instead of changing the line, run on a line that will block the player.

I'm saying they didn't directly run towards the ball. How about you watch where they are looking? BOTH players are looking over their shoulder at the Welsh player and converge to block, at no point does either player actually look at the ball so how about you stop your sanctimonious bullshit and actually watch it again?

1:03 for your benefit. Tell me when either of the blocking players actually looks at the ball because they certainly spend time looking to see where the Welsh player is. Neither ran directly to the ball, they turned and ensured they blocked the runner whilst running in the rough direction of the kick.

Also JonesBoy grow up, going through and negging every single comment is pathetic.

Kane Hames looks up and follows the flight of the ball. The other player looks to see where the Welsh player is (I think he's allowed to do that isn't he?).

Try not to be intentionally blind to what actually happened which is that BOTH PLAYERS RAN DIRECTLY TOWARDS WHERE THE BALL WAS COMING DOWN. The head-on view irrefutably shows this.

Now, for the third time I ask you...

It seems you are refusing to answer this question. IMO, this can only be because you can't answer it, probably because you realise that the answer will rip the rug out from under your argument.

wow awesome game
tuugafasi and crockett had games to forget.. crockett got owned in a couple of the scrums and tuugafasi got owned around the field.
laulala and hames did well. scrums were a bit iffy at times but on the whole a good performance. played much better than their replacements.
samWhitelock was awesome and captained well. my choice of back up captain.
samCane MOTM
lukeWhitelock and liamSquire were pretty quiet.
SBW and crockett had an all right, above average night
barrett is still the man. busy as always

ok gotta say that everytime i think that naholo is the man and the best wing since before julian got married ioane goes and does something amazing, then naholo then ioane again. masterclass wingers. i will concede that ioane came out of that game with bragging rights and marginally ahead of naholo...but not by much.

dMac is getting better but needs to be a bit more direct, tho cant fault his desire to make a play. he's gotta offload more so he gets given more space.

barnes was on good form. much rather him in a good mood like this. was a funny moment when aaronSmith raced upto stepped over the ruck but decided not to go for the ball and barnes replies "good decision" i fell off the couch laughing.

and a major shoutout to faletau. taulupe never gave up and showed his class throughout the whole game . never gave up fighting and contributing to the cause.

love seeing pacific brothers play well for foreign teams.

Kane Hames looks up and follows the flight of the ball. The other player looks to see where the Welsh player is (I think he's allowed to do that isn't he?).

Try not to be intentionally blind to what actually happened which is that BOTH PLAYERS RAN DIRECTLY TOWARDS WHERE THE BALL WAS COMING DOWN. The head-on view irrefutably shows this.

Now, for the third time I ask you...

It seems you are refusing to answer this question. IMO, this can only be because you can't answer it, probably because you realise that the answer will rip the rug out from under your argument.

Do you have a thing for big bold writing? Stop acting like a child. Neither of them look up, I even gave you the exact time and you can slow it down to 0.25 when it is looking directly at them, neither look at the ball! Both players look where the Welsh player is and continue to do so as the close together. The only one being intentionally blind here is you by refusing to accept that your precious All Blacks might just have infringed. The head on view irrefutably shows neither looking at the ball and neither looking ahead as they run. They ARE both looking at where the Welsh player is running.

I've already told you, they DIDN'T run directly at where the ball was, they ran in roughly that direction but first and foremost they ran to close the gap and prevent the Welsh player from getting past them. I haven't refused to answer it, it's just you refuse to see my answer, despite repeatedly writing it, maybe I need to use your trick: THEY DID NOT RUN DIRECTLY TO WHERE THE BALL WAS, THEY WERE PRIMARILY RUNNING TO BLOCK THE WELSH PLAYER, HENCE THE FACT THEY WERE LOOKING BEHIND THEM AND NOT IN FRONT AS THEY RAN.

Latest posts