• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Wales vs. South Africa (02/12/2017)

Navidi doing his best south African back impression and making the worst attempt at a tackle since Ronan Ogara retired

Marx is just a brute at the breakdown. Lovely by Leyds and Kriel for the try. But notable it game from broken play. Boks offering no real threat through the phases, they'll need a spark from the bench to have a chance in this match.

Has RSA ever fielded rohan as 12 and serfontein ad 13? It looks like such and obvious combination. A guy that consistenly breaks the line and a guy that can pick any offload and work with it.

Wow South Africa are ****. The first 2 Welsh tries looked well worked but I feel the South African defence are making it look much better.

That SA try is even more blatantly scored than I remembered!
Referee really **** the bed on his question to the tmo

Need to get AM on this field with Gelant at 15 and schreuder at srummie

I wonder how the SA guys think about hearing the pronunciation of their name being butchered by commentators.

Schreuders passing make Cronje look like a old age home

Well considering the absentees for Wales, that's not a bad win, albeit in a dour game. Lacked all of the finesse on the ball and attacking patterns that we'd seen from Wales against Aus and NZ. Shows how far the DB-OW partnership has come over the autumn period.

A better than expected match and hats off to Wales for producing that with a weakened pack. Lots of positives for them across the park from the first half given that they are experimenting a bit. They understandably got smothered a bit in the second half.

Poor for the Boks against a weakened Wales who are transitioning to a new style. I'm not any closer to knowing how AC and the SARU want the Boks to play the game. There seemed to be a move to offloading for the Super Rugby sides but the Boks seem totally resistant to that. There was hardly a Bok on the park that you'd trust with an offload.

Considering this was mostly a 2nd choice XV it's a pretty decent result . I've been singing parkes praises for some while now and he thoroughly showed he was capable of the big occasion with 2 tries! Him and JD2 should make a potent partnership, I thought Amos also had a very good performance again , Biggar picked up a knock but again showed why he is the first choice 10 in Wales , aled Davies was quite poor he did a job and that's it and you could see the difference when Webb eventually came on again he's indispensable . Halfpenny just needs to **** off id rather have anscombe over him .

Don't understand some of the Bok changes. Why take off Marx and Louw when they were dominating the scrum. Would have kept on Pollard too. Schreuder should have started. Gelant is a quality player.

Don't understand some of the Bok changes. Why take off Marx and Louw when they were dominating the scrum. Would have kept on Pollard too. Schreuder should have started. Gelant is a quality player.
I did wonder why they changed a dominating front row

Really though?
Probably the poorest S.A. side post Apartheid almost beats a partial second string Wales side.

Guscott summed up best when he was asked for his pick on who would win the 6 nations "It won't be Wales".

Well Wales were made to look a lot better than they were by the absolute joke of an SA side. Couldn't catch, half hearted defence and atrocious decision making. Even then had the ref asked the right question for the try then Wales would have lost. No doubt this will be used as proof that all is well in Wales once again and suppress the calls for change another year.

AC must be going now? I don't think any side has fallen as rapidly as this SA side.

right question for the try then Wales would have lost. No doubt this will be used as proof that all is well in Wales once again and suppress the calls for change another year.

Nah, can't see that. Not even the Western Fail went with that mantra today. Most people know we can't take anything from that game today, other that it was a chance to try to test out a few players who usually wouldn't be in contention.

The Aus and NZ game will be read into. Wales made some progress against NZ and will have to build on that to get the better of the Scots at Home, but it's clear Wales aren't as far along in development as the other home nations.

Latest posts