• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL 2008 - Trial Matches

M

melon

We're 6 weeks out from the start of the competition's centenery year.

Each team is in preparation for trial matches for different reasons. Some coaches will use the trials as an experiment for different combinations including the running of new signings, others will use the games to blood rookies coming through the ranks, whereas some will put their strongest team on the park to signal their assault on the premiership is well under way.

The most famous trial match each season has been the Charity Shield, now in it's 25th year. During the launch of the Charity Shield today, captains, coaches and owners from the St George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs announced they wanted to break the attendance crowd for the Charity Shield which was set in 2006 and stands at 24 566. Being the centenary season, this will be a game both clubs will certainly want to win at all costs.

Every other club is holding their own trail match(es), with many teams venturing outside their home cities to showcase the games at its professional level.

What trial match(es) are you looking forward to? Why?
Are you going to go and see any live?

Post anything and everything here!

I've already snapped up a ticket to see the Brisbane Broncos take on the Canberra Raiders here in my home town of Orange. Should be a great game, considering both teams have vowed to put the strongest team on the park possible (barring injuries of course...I think Darren Lockyer is the only big name out).

im a dragons fan but i disagree
the CS isnt the most famous trail
what about the World Club Challenge
they are always great matches
completely unfair for the aust team
they should bring them down to aust
every second year
no way in hell an english team would win down here!

terra06, are you even aware why the WCC isn't down here every second year?

The World Club Challenge isn't an official NRL trial match, atleast in the capacity I'm talking about. Please take note of the forum this topic is in and the topic ***le as well as its content.

The WCC has its own thread.

:)

Yep i went to that Wigan v Broncos game. But it would be great to have the game 2 weeks after the grand finals.

Unfortunately, rugby league is not taken into account here in Argentina...
I'm a big fan of the NZ Warriors though, and i know almost every player, thanks to a game (Rugby League 2 by Sidhe Interactive)
Thanks to this game i was introduced to this great game. I'd love to go to Australia and watch NRL games live. Is there a way to watch some matches by the internet? I heard of bigpond but i'm looking for sth different...maybe sopcast....cya good luck

Unfortunately, rugby league is not taken into account here in Argentina...
I'm a big fan of the NZ Warriors though, and i know almost every player, thanks to a game (Rugby League 2 by Sidhe Interactive)
Thanks to this game i was introduced to this great game. I'd love to go to Australia and watch NRL games live. Is there a way to watch some matches by the internet? I heard of bigpond but i'm looking for sth different...maybe sopcast....cya good luck
[/b]
To watch the games, bigpond is the best way. Have you tried it yet? If you need any help, just give me a yell k.

To watch the games, bigpond is the best way. Have you tried it yet? If you need any help, just give me a yell k.
[/b]

Yeahh I've already tried bigpond, but for some strange reason the videos don't work here... They just keep on "buffering" for ever...
Maybe it has to do with the fact that i'm too far away from Australia, I don't know. But thanks for the advice man! I appreciate your help, cya

Latest posts