• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Num 1 First five eighth/ number 10 in the southern hemisphere

Best first five eight/ Num 10

• Total voters

M24

Academy Player
Who would you choose as the best best num 10 in the southern hemisphere.

haha true that but i think m24 is goin with internationally tested flyhalves.

why hasnt Donald been dumped to club rugby? seriously, he seemed cool when he came onto the scene but hes just googly now and has a real weird action for everything

yea his kicking style involves a pose that looks like somethin is stuck up his ass lol but pretty much hes an average man in a chiefs or abs supporters jersey.

why hasnt Donald been dumped to club rugby? seriously, he seemed cool when he came onto the scene but hes just googly now and has a real weird action for everything

The thing is that Stephen Donald is one of the best flyhalves around at super 14 level. He lead the Chiefs to the super 14 finals last year, and if you watch how he plays at that level without biases, he actually looks like a top drawer player. Its only when he steps up to test level that he starts looking flawed.

considering southern hemisphere flyhalves. who would you put instead?

Anyone really. He is an 'ok' club player like many other flyhalfs but certainly (IMO) doesn't warrant being chosen in the top 5 in the southern hemisphere.

Im a huge fan of Berrick Barnes and though he has been pushed out of the Aus starting XV by Cooper and doesn't start much for NSW he does still offer a lot in attack.

I would say what about Francois Steyn? Ruan Pienaar? Nick Evans?

Last edited:
in fairness donald had a great super 14 season in 2009 which resulted in him being given a spot in the all blacks squad. he's a great player but has unfortunately had a very mediocre season with the chiefs, he also hasn't been supported well by the rest of his team either.

*sigh*

I only wish Nick Evan's would return so we wouldn't have to rely on Steven Donald.

Or Aaron Cruden to become the next big thing...but I think we'll have to wait a while.

Edit: w00t, 1,000th post! bit of a waste...

Last edited:
A seriously silly question when DC is regarded as the WORLDS greatest number 10

daniel carter by a hundred million miles...he is a phenominal runner, and a fantastic kicker as well he dismantles backlines with his passing and is a constant threat with ball in hand..

hell yeah now i regret voting for Morne Steyn a couple months ago. Carter has been back to his godly best.

Yay, yet another thread that is destined to end up in a *****ing contest.

Polls like this are useless (Sorry to say). This always ends in an endless debate where people try to convince others that the player they picked is the best. The thing is that players have their own qualities, even when they are in the same position on the field

Polls like this are useless (Sorry to say). This always ends in an endless debate where people try to convince others that the player they picked is the best. The thing is that players have their own qualities, even when they are in the same position on the field

welcome to the forum...:)

;) I am not trying to argue with the whole idea of discussing on a forum but when it comes to comparing players it's an endless back and forth throwing of words.

Latest posts