• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ to Dominate Super 14?

D

danny

From the first 2 rounds it seems clear to me that New Zealand teams are streets ahead of the opposition. The South African sides seem pretty pedestrian in comparison to the Blues and Crusaders in particular. Do you think this is going to be the same for the rest of the tournament and can anyone see a winner coming from anywhere but the land of the silver fern?

would have to say that its going to be another blues and crusaders year. but if the chiefs pulled there finger out in the latter stages of the match, and hurricanes shorted there **** out then they could have been up there too. cant see any of the australian teams making it. tahs are poor, brumbies got thrashed, reds and force underpreform - they should be up there but dont just have enough in them. as for the south african teams - i expected them to put up more of a fight so far. they fizzled against the blues and crusaders, and the stormers sharks match was a bore.

<div class='quotemain'>
Welcome to Super 14 Rugby every year bar 2001.
[/b]
Oh I agree but this year the gap looks wider than ever dont you think?
[/b][/quote]

Lets wait till the 6th to 8th round-teams are still warming up to new rules-its only been two games...

Long way to go yet!
So far the Crusaders & the Blues have got of to a flying start but I wouldn't write off the Sharks & the Bulls just yet.
I do think however that the Kiwis seem to have adapted to the ELV's very quickly. The Blues in particular look absolutely amazing at times!

<div class='quotemain'>
tahs are poor, brumbies got thrashed, reds and force underpreform
[/b]
I expect an apology at the business end of the tournament. :D
[/b][/quote]

gladly. i would love to see the reds and force do well in the super 14, outside the kiwi teams they are the ones i back.

gladly. i would love to see the reds and force do well in the super 14, outside the kiwi teams they are the ones i back.
[/b]
Could you not put the Reds in the same sentence as the Force please...the Force are leagues above the Reds...

Aside from the Highlanders I would expect the NZ teams to do quite well... under these new rules their counterattacking abilities have been really strong and they're not finding it hard to score a lot of tries...

The Sharks will also do their bit for South Africa... but the other teams aren't looking so hot...

The Brumbies will probably have a poor first half to the season, and then come back strong in the last six weeks when their backline returns... if that'll be enough to make the semis - who knows? It might be another year of coming 5th... :wall:

The Tahs as per usual will probably do the opposite... they'll choke when it comes to the business end of the tournament...

As for the Force and the Reds... they'll probably be sitting midway through the table at the end of the year... won't go too bad, but neither will be good enough...

yes the force is way better than the reds, but the reds have alot of potential that simply doesnt go anywere, where as the force has potentian and is using it.

Long way to go yet!
So far the Crusaders & the Blues have got of to a flying start but I wouldn't write off the Sharks & the Bulls just yet.
I do think however that the Kiwis seem to have adapted to the ELV's very quickly. The Blues in particular look absolutely amazing at times! [/b]

The ELVs is tailor-made for the Blues & Saders. We thrive on counter-attacking rugby and quick balls.

Be a match when we do meet up.

Only been 3 years where a NZ team hasn't won a ***le.
Even the Blues on their own, have as many ***les as any other team who has won a Super Rugby ***le, and thats not including the countless Crusaders ***les.

Aussies are great adapters given time. They have had trouble at the start, with some sides losing players to injury and overseas.

We may just be eating some words by round eight, so I don't want to overblow New Zealand chances just yet.

This kind of talk is classic talk up New Zealand stuff which ends with a messy explosion. I'm not going to indulge.

I'm just hoping they peaking too soon. That's the only way they (Saders and Blues) are gonna lose their mojo

I'm just hoping they peaking too soon. That's the only way they (Saders and Blues) are gonna lose their mojo [/b]

i wouldnt put my money on it. its not international teams.

So your point is?...

Only international teams peak? Yet many of their players are ABs.

I see.

It's tough to tell if they're peaking.. Mainly cos they're playing their tour early.. So it's not like they'll be traveling much at the end of the tournament..
Also, the Blues haven't really played the good teams yet.. Lions and Cheetahs were always wooden spoon contenders, and the Chiefs are a team who are slow starters.

Not only international teams peak early..
Did you not watch the NRL in 2006? The storm peaked too early imo..

Latest posts