• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ wants Anybody but australia to Win RWC 2011

Ostrayian

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Force
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/rugby-world-cup-2011/under-their-skin-all-blacks-fans-express-dislike-of-wallabies-in-rugby-world-cup-poll/story-e6frf4zl-1226126418588

Interesting read this and actually quite amused really. Sometimes I think this dislike for Oz goes well beyond rugby sometimes.
I noticed this when I went across the ditch for numerous holidays with my missus who happens to be a Kiwi(had I known that i never would have proposed!:lol:) and did the touristy like tours and the nz people are so warm to you especially to the japanese and americans but when they find out ur an aussie.........farrrk hahaha!:lol:
Its a interesting relationship our 2 countries share. Generally speaking with rugby you will find most Aussies love the haka and if Aus dont do well you'll find most will support NZ but the love doesnt seem to be reciprocated back. Quite hilarious reading the war of words happening between th NZ and Aus media.
The Springboks and English must be loving coming into this tournament flying under the radar. Theres already too much talk about a NZ /Oz grandfinal but in reality I think an England and SA grandfinal is just as much a possibility. I hope Oz and NZ realize there are other teams to beat as well.

Not sure where im going with this thread.....maybe wanna know why you hate us so much :(

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...y-world-cup-poll/story-e6frf4zl-1226126418588

Interesting read this and actually quite amused really. Sometimes I think this dislike for Oz goes well beyond rugby sometimes.
I noticed this when I went across the ditch for numerous holidays with my missus who happens to be a Kiwi(had I known that i never would have proposed!:lol:) and did the touristy like tours and the nz people are so warm to you especially to the japanese and americans but when they find out ur an aussie.........farrrk hahaha!:lol:
Its a interesting relationship our 2 countries share. Generally speaking with rugby you will find most Aussies love the haka and if Aus dont do well you'll find most will support NZ but the love doesnt seem to be reciprocated back. Quite hilarious reading the war of words happening between th NZ and Aus media.
The Springboks and English must be loving coming into this tournament flying under the radar. Theres already too much talk about a NZ /Oz grandfinal but in reality I think an England and SA grandfinal is just as much a possibility. I hope Oz and NZ realize there are other teams to beat as well.

Not sure where im going with this thread.....maybe wanna know why you hate us so much :(

Really, I guess it could be that the Wallabies, and the Aussie media are constantly talking themselves up, and really have failed to deliver until recently ... and some of the banter between the two rugby camps as well.

It doesn't surprise me at all, having worked in Sydney for 7 1/2 years, along side people from many different nations (being the only Kiwi in amongst over 60 people), it was open season on the Kiwi when Australia beat New Zealand at anything ... it's just the way things work between the two countries, we like to have each other on ... the other foreigners didn't seem to get the same treatment, but not complaining though ... I gave as good as I got :D.

I guess you only need to look at how some fans react at the previous world cups, 2003 is fair enough, as the Wallabies knocked the All Blacks out, so, as a Kiwi, i'd expect to get a bit of flak from my Aussie workmates ... but 2007? ... Australia knocked out in the game immediately preceding the All Blacks demise ... I still got flak :).

I don't think the Springboks, England, France, etc, are flying under the radar ... the AB's are awake and respect all of their opposition, and know what they are capable of.

In ideal world, the 96% of those surveyed that wanted the AB's to win, wouldn't want them to lose to anyone, as it will go a little way to silencing the choking remarks (although a World Cup win offshore would go further)

Good point. For years they talk them selves up. Talk us down then lose. I really HATE Quade Cooper he better stay out of my way aye

my wife is also a kiwi, we have a healthy rivalry. I have heaps of kiwi mates, they all give me crap when the wallabies get beaten. my phone was going crazy with txts during the eden park game, but not 1 txt msg during the game in brisbane... funny that.

the problem is that kiwis and australians perceptions of eachother clash. for instance, markshaw has just said "For years they talk them selves up. Talk us down then lose. I really HATE Quade Cooper he better stay out of my way aye".
however, from my point of view, I can't go to the pub without being surrounded by all blacks fans. if their not wearing all blacks jerseys, they're wearing that stupid t-shirt "i support the all blacks and anyone playing against australia"

none of these knobs know the rules, they just yell out "smash him" randomly and if they all blacks lose, they try to start fight. all of these knobs are more than happy to live here in melbourne, but don't respect the city our country they live in. they can **** off as far as i'm concerned.

the important thing that i've realised is, it doesn't necessarily represent all kiwis living in australia or all kiwis for that matter. i've been up to sydney and found the kiwis/all black fans a lot more approachable, understand the game etc.
same as not all aussies talk ourselves up and talk down the all blacks, just a select few wankers. fair to say it's these people that markshaw is referring to

Good point. For years they talk them selves up. Talk us down then lose. I really HATE Quade Cooper he better stay out of my way aye

Yeah i hate him too, Kiwi ******* hahaha.

however, from my point of view, I can't go to the pub without being surrounded by all blacks fans. if their not wearing all blacks jerseys, they're wearing that stupid t-shirt "i support the all blacks and anyone playing against australia"

none of these knobs know the rules, they just yell out "smash him" randomly and if they all blacks lose, they try to start fight. all of these knobs are more than happy to live here in melbourne, but don't respect the city our country they live in. they can **** off as far as i'm concerned.

I think you just described 95% of people who watch a rugby game at the pub. Even I hate those All Blacks fans. At my local there is an annoying guy called Dave, always there, thinks he owns the place, with a table right in front of the big TV and he'll have his drink on the platform the TV is on. Standing in front of the television, he'll talk nothing but absolute sh*t for the full 100 minutes (including half time), laugh at all of his very unfunny (and usually crass) jokes, and hurl insults at anyone who supports a different team than Wellington, Hurricanes and the All Blacks. I just want to smack the crap out of him everytime I see his mullet head.

I think the Australia/New Zealand relationship is much like a relationship I've had with several friends. We've played for two different rugby teams, support all different rugby teams and we give flack to eachother about everything. I still like my friend, it's just when ever I see him after my teams lost I think to myself "Just **** off!". After 80 years of Australian and New Zealand rivalry, we're still mates, we just can't stand eachother when we talk sh*t. Because say what you like, there are more Australians in New Zealand and more New Zealanders in Australia, that you know if Australia won the RWC in New Zealand for a THIRD time, we'd never hear the end of it. I'm pretty sure I could commit suicide after the game, and an Australian would still mention the result in the eulogy.

Last edited:
HAHAHA Brilliant last line Nick!

Gotta agree InsaneAsylum. - its the vocal
d!ckheads that ruin a nations reputation.
Like the 30% or so of NZers that don't want to see the Wallabies win because they "don't like Australians".

Personally, I don't want to see Australia win, because we'd never the end of the Cantabs going on about how Dean's should have had Henry's job!!Nothing to do with Australia or Australians per se.

I don't want the Wallabies to win simply because I don't want to see Quade Cooper's smug face on the front cover of the paper for any reason bar getting in smashed in with a blunt, heavy instrument.

my wife is also a kiwi, we have a healthy rivalry. I have heaps of kiwi mates, they all give me crap when the wallabies get beaten. my phone was going crazy with txts during the eden park game, but not 1 txt msg during the game in brisbane... funny that.

Same here and we also get our kids involved. It gets pretty nasty from there. I usually get smashed by the New Zealand side of the family and kiwi mates on facebook ,sms and what not....but didnt hear boo after last weekend lol
The lone kiwi guy in our office got smashed on monday by everyone. Poor guy. The worst taunters were gAyFL followers who knew nothing and cared little for rugby usually. I felt sorry for him for about a minute but never miss an oppurtunity to kick a kiwi while theyre down......could be a long time before the next oppurtunity presents itself!!

The worst taunters were gAyFL followers who knew nothing and cared little for rugby usually.

This pretty much happened with the reds, I copped flak from people who never followed the game and more importantly...never followed the reds until they became good. Way too many bandwagonners.

The Australian media are also pretty bad. Don't get me started on them.

Us Saffas feel so left out of this discussion. Please can someone also hate us:D

My soul would absolutely crumble if Australia won the RWC. Any team but them!!!
I actually put $100 on them to win just in case. The $450 I stand to win would help ease the heartache haha.

lol down here in me local pub whenever aus vs nz in anything.. the pacific islanders on one side and maoris on the other side, even the 2 security (1 tongan and the other maori) split up and sit on either side....i love watching aus play NZ...its like the big bully(nz) vs the little scrawny kid(aus)..and everybody loves it when a bully gets defeated lol

WALLABIES TO WIN THE GRAND FINAL!

I'd much rather see Aussie win than the Boks. If we have another final like 07 what a horrible advertisment that is going to be for the game.

lol down here in me local pub whenever aus vs nz in anything.. the pacific islanders on one side and maoris on the other side, even the 2 security (1 tongan and the other maori) split up and sit on either side....i love watching aus play NZ...its like the big bully(nz) vs the little scrawny kid(aus)..and everybody loves it when a bully gets defeated lol

ALL BLACKS TO WIN THE RUGBY WORLD CUP FINAL!

It's more like the street smart savvy Older Brother (NZ) and the cheeky talented little know-it-all Younger Brother (AUS)

Also, corrected your statement.

Latest posts