NZC Stand by their man in face of player disdain

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Jethro, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    This has been brewing for a while with the general belief that Dan "the Man" has pretty much been running the team both on the field and in training sessions. Can't bode well for the series against Pakistan unfort :mellow: Bring in John Wright would be my call, assuming he wants the job of course.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Jethro

Jethro Guest

Well that lasted about a week, NZC sack Andy Moles, anyone after a stint in international cricket?

4. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

Our players eat our coaches if they make them work in a way they're not used to. We could have the most talented guy in there (not that Moles was) and they'd complain that he wasn't doing it their way.

5. Candyman

Candyman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Oct 29 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yes I think NZ are a bit harsh on our coaches they can only do and teach the players so much it's then up to the players to action it!! It's not like the coaches can get out there and play them selves!! Eg All Blacks coaches when we were knocked out of the world cup the public wanted there lives!! But they weren't the ones on the field!! they can only take so much blame.

6. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Nov 30 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yes I think NZ are a bit harsh on our coaches they can only do and teach the players so much it's then up to the players to action it!! It's not like the coaches can get out there and play them selves!! Eg All Blacks coaches when we were knocked out of the world cup the public wanted there lives!! But they weren't the ones on the field!! they can only take so much blame.
    [/b][/quote]

I wonder who they are looking at to replace Moles? Still haven't heard anything lately. Really, Vettori deserves the official title of coach until it happens. Not many player coaches do well, but he has.

7. Candyman

Candyman Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 30 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

I wonder who they are looking at to replace Moles? Still haven't heard anything lately. Really, Vettori deserves the official title of coach until it happens. Not many player coaches do well, but he has.
    [/b][/quote]

Do you think he is doing so well because he debuted at such a young age and has been in that team environment for a number of years??

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!