• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

O`Callaghan to join Gloucester?

I don't think he will be at the Stade Français next year...

Everytime that team tried to recruit an international player (like Kelleher last year) they could not get enough money. Pichot is gone for the same reason... heard that his salary was tripled in second division ! And Hernandez is the next.

Plus Pascal Papé & under20 Springbok Milton have joined this year, we have enough lock imo. But with Pelous future retirement it's possible to see him in Toulouse...

I don't think he will be at the Stade Français next year...

Everytime that team tried to recruit an international player (like Kelleher last year) they could not get enough money. Pichot is gone for the same reason... heard that his salary was tripled in second division ! And Hernandez is the next.

Plus Pascal Papé & under20 Springbok Milton have joined this year, we have enough lock imo. But with Pelous future retirement it's possible to see him in Toulouse... [/b]
He's staying with Munster. The Irish Examiner is reporting that he's signed a new 3 year deal with Munster. In a previous post I said he was nearly 30; I got that wrong. O'Callaghan will soon be 29 so the contract will bring him shortly past his 32nd birthday. I suspect it's his last big deal with Munster since at 32 he'll begin declining.

He`s a Munster guy so its good to see him staying with his local province. Cant say Glos wouldnt want him but it never looked on. I will be speaking to my mate who said it was a done deal.
Next on Glosters hit list according to my friend is Ben Kay.

In the Times this week it's also been reported that he's sealed a 3 year deal in the wake of the Six Nations and that Horan looks set to follow suit.

Latest posts