• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official RFU announcement and screens for The Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

His argument is weak, but I feel that you didn't really "pick it apart". Looking at all the screen shots it does have a Rugby 08 feel to it, which could be a good or bad thing. I'm just stating that you didn't discredit his statement, just started comparing it to RC rather than Rugby 08, which was Beerholder's original complaint.

That's a interesting point. I do remember playing with Rugby 08 with created players and their heads were massive. But i'm not to sure if the contrast is going to be big as your suggesting. I was impressed with detail of the Sidhe creation mode, and I personally think, especially if we can share files, that some talented artistic rugby fans somewhere will be able to create a fairly realistic South African/England side. I feel at this point that creating/editing players won't be an issue, and, for player likeness Sidhe has it nailed. Not to sure who the England 9 is in the HB screen shot.

As for both teams winning it's a double ended sword for me. I don't like all this jazz with licensing, but it is capitalist market so it will push each team to deliver a better product.

I agree at this point it is naive to throw your hat into one ring. However saying that, what Sidhe are offering with their product is a lot easier to get excited about. Not declaring winner by any stretch but there is a clear leader at the moment, which could change by the end of this week, but at the moment...

Well, I felt I did pick it apart, in so much as that I selected pieces of his argument and stated why they seemed incorrect to me in relation to both of the other games mentioned, you feel I didn't. Once again a 50/50 situation with no-one more correct than the other. Let's leave it at that. :)

Apparently he has changed his mind.
Wow, a little random. Who's changed their mind? Me? Beerholder? The guy who scored the try for Sidhe's Tasman Makos?

The only animation anyone'sw seen so far in public is the celebration on sidhes player creation vid. Must admit in that case it looked like the player walked with a carrott up his arse.

Shouldn't say that though, accusations of bias etc.

I just watched the vid with your comment in mind and I literally don't see where you could be coming from. The gameplay could very well turn out to be disappointing but there's not a lot to fault sidhe for in that video without some serious nitpicking.

I don't know if its bias, but so far HB's screenshots - mainly the early ones - have had far more in them that coudl be criticised yet youve managed not to do that really whereas youve jumped at any chance to have a jab at sidhes games under the guise of lighthearted jokes

Well, I felt I did pick it apart, in so much as that I selected pieces of his argument and stated why they seemed incorrect to me in relation to both of the other games mentioned, you feel I didn't. Once again a 50/50 situation with no-one more correct than the other. Let's leave it at that. :)

Agreed.

[/QUOTE]Wow, a little random. Who's changed their mind? Me? Beerholder? The guy who scored the try for Sidhe's Tasman Makos?[/QUOTE]

Yeah ignore that. I misread it. Doing uni work at the moment as well.

Wow, a little random. Who's changed their mind? Me? Beerholder? The guy who scored the try for Sidhe's Tasman Makos?[/QUOTE]

Yeah ignore that. I misread it. Doing uni work at the moment as well.[/QUOTE]

Less of that, giving us students a bad name ;) ;)

Funny though taht all the doubters are now making a few U turns. Theres gonna be some that rather one over the other, its inevitable. Haters will hate and thats it :D I just love sitting on my bed and watching everyone go hell for leather at eachother :D :D Keep it coming :D

Sidhe have done a fine job graphically, but honestly their previous Playstation and Xbox efforts with rugby league have proven pretty average, but had pretty good graphics for their time. Graphics have never been something I'd describe as Sidhe's problems in the past. Gameplay has. I've never played Rugby League 3 (Wii only), but apparently that was a lot better.

Again, this is not about Sidhe. I noticed problems with those screenshots too, especially the way the players seem to float above the turf, but I'm not comparing the two... I'm not saying RC will be better, I have been a gamer for a long time to know that pre-release publicity is about only 50% truth...

From my perspective when I heard that Rugby 2012 as it was called was supposed to be "the first next gen rugby game" I somehow expected something else. And by something else meaning new engine. You have some strong arguments and I fully agree with them, but understand the fact that as you posted earlier about the consumers greed, there is a distinct possibility that this game can be worse than Rugby 08. If there's a single gameplay bug that could compromise both SP and online play it'll ruin the game. I'm talking about an instant winner bug that would get overused... like the grubber in rugby08 or the crosskick/scissors in Fifa2001 (that was also made by HB).

Again, this is not about Sidhe. I noticed problems with those screenshots too, especially the way the players seem to float above the turf, but I'm not comparing the two... I'm not saying RC will be better, I have been a gamer for a long time to know that pre-release publicity is about only 50% truth...

From my perspective when I heard that Rugby 2012 as it was called was supposed to be "the first next gen rugby game" I somehow expected something else. And by something else meaning new engine. You have some strong arguments and I fully agree with them, but understand the fact that as you posted earlier about the consumers greed, there is a distinct possibility that this game can be worse than Rugby 08. If there's a single gameplay bug that could compromise both SP and online play it'll ruin the game. I'm talking about an instant winner bug that would get overused... like the grubber in rugby08 or the crosskick/scissors in Fifa2001 (that was also made by HB).

I understand where your coming from, but Rugby '08's grubber was not that indefensible, particularly if you chose the right defensive player quick enough. Fifa 2001's corner with the scissors kick was insanely ridiculous I agree, and people can make mistakes even today making games, although mistakes as bad as that don't tend to come out in sports ***les so much anymore.

Here's hoping there's nothing like that in either game.

I can't believe some people are saying that these screenshots look like rugby 08. Baffling.

The images are looking great right now, how anyone can say they look like 08 is beyond me.

The only animation anyone'sw seen so far in public is the celebration on sidhes player creation vid. Must admit in that case it looked like the player walked with a carrott up his arse

Anything to put down 'the enemy' game, sad.

Wonder if they'll get rights from IRFU as well :huh: other than that screenshots look good :D

Last edited:
thanks HB...these look amazing and now i just want more and more info!! :p Gives us more now!!...(please). I cant wait to get my hands on this and the other one....Banahan, manu in the centers and sharples and ashton on the wings with foden at full back, lovely!!!

Sad to hear that Wallabies & Allblacks are not Licensed (if that's true). Is there Aviva Premiership, Super rugby & Heineken Cup competitions in Rugby World Cup 2011, this game is on my wish list in Aug

Less of that, giving us students a bad name ;) ;)

I do apologize sir. The last thing I want is for people to get the wrong impression of us. Meet you in live lounge then for a all day **** up?

thanks HB...these look amazing and now i just want more and more info!! :p Gives us more now!!...(please). I cant wait to get my hands on this and the other one....Banahan, manu in the centers and sharples and ashton on the wings with foden at full back, lovely!!!

Aside from the fact Banahan is shite and got taught a lesson by the Irish in the 6N..I hope they have his scummy tatoos right so I can admire them as he gets smashed into the turf by the Irish defence over and over again!

As to the thread as a whole, so we're gonna end up with a mixed bag license mash up across the two games, what a balls. It'd almost be better if RC just focused on clubs and left the international to RWC but alas thats a non starter as kiwis and wallabies are with RC.

I read on sidhe that they can have likenesses of english premiership team players so how that then translates to not having licensed players in the england national team I dont really understand.

Sad to hear that Wallabies & Allblacks are not Licensed (if that's true). Is there Aviva Premiership, Super rugby & Heineken Cup competitions in Rugby World Cup 2011, this game is on my wish list in Aug

buy Rugby Challenge for all them!

England is exclusive to Rugby World Cup 2011 though so I'm buying both! An being a games designer I have a valid opinion on the graphics... animations and physics aside, the graphics is a lot better. The players models have been tweaked also not a bad thing. It will look better or worse depending on the realism of the game mechanics which is where the real battle will be won or not.

ryt....HB Studios have made me eat my words lol these shots are great. now i cnt wait cause if this is what it looks like and they said focus was on gameplay, imagine how gd the gameplay is!!??!! Great job HB!

I'm wondering what they do have in regards to licenses... RC say they have atleast 32 northern hemisphere teams licensed... what does that leave RWC2011?? Other than the obvious that it's probably France as well as England ;-)

I do apologize sir. The last thing I want is for people to get the wrong impression of us. Meet you in live lounge then for a all day **** up?
now thats an idea. Big screen, ps3/360. Lots of p!!s!d up students playing against eachother on RWC11 :p your on :D

Latest posts