• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Super League 2006 Thread

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 07:22 PM
LOL, but what if socceroo`s get thru the pool.... :D
In Union - international games makes the big bucks!
It'll never happen, they suck... just nobody knows it here yet.
Either way though, I'll keep telling all my English mates that I'm confident of an England v Australia final lol :p .

LOL, like this will ever happen again :p

Hey St Helen, is it true that in Challenge cup is also a team from Soviet Union involved (former Soviet Union)? How come?

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 08:47 AM
LOL, like this will ever happen again :p

Hey St Helen, is it true that in Challenge cup is also a team from Soviet Union involved (former Soviet Union)? How come?
Russia is the future. Basically, there is a competetive rugby league competition in Russia and in order to promote the game and get them involved against better teams, we invite them into the Challenge Cup.

Of course they lose against anything like good teams but they learn.

I also got a Q. Did any of the second class teams ever manage to win Challenge cup (i mean teams from first, second or third division)? Can you remember such an event?

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 08:53 AM
I also got a Q. Did any of the second class teams ever manage to win Challenge cup (i mean teams from first, second or third division)? Can you remember such an event?
There are teams playing in lower leagues who have won it in the past. Leigh, Widnes, etc. but I can't remember a team not in the top flight ever winning it. Toulouse (from the French Elite 1) reached the semi-finals last year.

Thanks for the info.

LOL, your team made St Helen misereable in 89, when you beat them 29 - 0 and he was only 4.

I `ve seen St Helen beat the crap out of you last year, 75 - 0, do you have a record vs them. Have you , Wigan, ever manage to kick their arses as bad as they`ve kicked your last Challenge cup?

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info.

LOL, your team made St Helen misereable in 89, when you beat them 29 - 0 and he was only 4.

I `ve seen St Helen beat the crap out of you last year, 75 - 0, do you have a record vs them. Have you , Wigan, ever manage to kick their arses as bad as they`ve kicked your last Challenge cup?
We beat Saints 65-12 a few years back.

I bet that made StHelen cry a lot :D :bravo: Good on you, Cherries :D

Correct me if i`m wrong but all what`s important is to kick their arses, smth like"we can relegate as long as we kick St Helen arses" :D

Even if Wigan were to finish bottom there would be a loophole to keep us up. I'm not worried about going down. Anyway, there is still plenty time left in this season.

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 09:10 AM
I bet that made StHelen cry a lot :D :bravo: Good on you, Cherries :D

Correct me if i`m wrong but all what`s important is to kick their arses, smth like"we can relegate as long as we kick St Helen arses" :D
Not really, Wigan were deserving champions that season. There are a few beatings here and there... they beat us 6-44 in 2000 only for us to go and beat them 16-54 three weeks later, and beat them 37-18 in the final a fortnight after that.

"Even if Wigan were to finish bottom there would be a loophole to keep us up" - yeah, but would that be right? Not to mention you, poms, are always bragging abount inventing the `fair-play`concept and stuff :p

Thanks St Helen! In a statistic history, which team leads? Overall ? Do you have any clue?

For instance, i`ve asked Sanzar about the rivalry QLD - NSW and since 1882 they, NSW, are ahead with about 90 wins ! (according to the info provided)

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 09:50 AM
"Even if Wigan were to finish bottom there would be a loophole to keep us up" - yeah, but would that be right? Not to mention you, poms, are always bragging abount inventing the `fair-play`concept and stuff :p

Thanks St Helen! In a statistic history, which team leads? Overall ? Do you have any clue?

For instance, i`ve asked Sanzar about the rivalry QLD - NSW and since 1882 they, NSW, are ahead with about 90 wins ! (according to the info provided)
If Wigan finish bottom they should be relegated, but the ******** have a habit of getting the rules to suit them, so it wouldn't surprise me if the vermin stayed up.

I couldn't give you an exact number but Wigan have the upper hand over history - then again, they were the only professional team for over a decade :rolleyes:

I understand.

In theory, i wonder about what you`ve just said: "they were the only professional team for over a decade"

What am i wondering? Easy, because the split in 1885 was due to the `professional` vs `amateur` debate. I repeat, it`s only in theory because we all know that so called `amateur` era was only on paper and somehow, sooner or later it was meant to end.

I understand your argument and i think i know what you meant by professionals (100% dedicated to RL).

Oh no... in the 1980's, Wigan were the only professional team. We all played rugby league, but their team were the only ones who were paid and trained full time. They could buy the best players and were of course the best team.

But they crow about winning everything in sight when they were the only ones who had a realistic chance.

My point exactly, they were commited 100% and were payed for that. Don`t tell me you were playing for marbles, only that your players like the others had also other sources of income.

It`s simple, at least from the economic point of view (theory), Wigan could afford to pay the players so that they could be dedicated 100% to rugby (not longer intrested to fulfill their needs by resorting to other sources), you couldn`t ! Why was that? Don`t know but i guess it has smth to do with the Wigan dominating status in league!

Wigan have a sugar daddy - a chairman who bankrolls the club himself. We have a chairman, but not a rich one.

Hehe, i`ve thought of a funny thing inspired by the take over of bunnies by Russel Crowe.

Perhaps Katie Price (the former Jordan girl) will invest in St Helen and becam your sugar babe ! :bravo: Then, by all means, you`ll be needed a much larger stadium :p

I hope not! We are really, really taking massive strides forward both on and off the field. We're making money, we have a world class team, we just need a new stadium desperately.

Is there going to be another stadium or this one will be `updated`! If so, until it`s going to be modernized where are you going to play or the much neccessary improvements could be done in the off season?

I`ve seen shots of the new Wembley. Is it going to be finished until the Challenge cup final this season?

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 10:49 AM
Is there going to be another stadium or this one will be `updated`! If so, until it`s going to be modernized where are you going to play or the much neccessary improvements could be done in the off season?

I`ve seen shots of the new Wembley. Is it going to be finished until the Challenge cup final this season?
Unless our plans are changed drastically, we're going to have a totally new stadium about 2 miles away in a perfect location.

Wembley is going to be struggling for the CC final, IMO.

Latest posts