Offsides

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by daveyboy164, Mar 24, 2005.

1. daveyboy164

daveyboy164 Guest

anyone agree?? bloody offsides in this game i am still getting used to it and especially in 2 player you turn the ball over constantly, it seems like if your offside when the ruck is created, your opponent immediately wins possession. its a damn nuisance because a lot of the time its not even your fault its just the AIsupport player running on. [​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Try turning on the offside line if you are struggling with it.

4. daveyboy164

daveyboy164 Guest

thats the thing, i understand it but its where the AI continue their run when they should be rejoining the backline and bam you get turndover

5. im just use to how in 2**4 the players would go to there spot automatically, but now you have to move them, or they get penalized. it ****** me off to, but ill get use to it...

6. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

To be perfectly honest I can work it out fine. I use broadcast so i can actually tell if i'm behind the ruck and if i go infront the blue cirle around player with flash and i'll run back onside.

7. adam31

adam31 Guest

in 2**4 you could turn it off completely. Wish they had put it in this game, I know it's part of rugby but Madden lets you turn it off so why not this game.

8. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

What's the point? makes it harder and more fun with offsides if u stay onside most of the time. It gives u more of a challenge and something else u have to concentrate on. It's easy to avoid offsides eg. changing player or just running back onside.

9. Bluebirds

Bluebirds Guest

Quoted in agreement. [​IMG]

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Just de-select the player who is offside.

11. Los Lover

Los Lover Guest

Yes ditton on Teh Mite's point and FFS!!!!

Just choose defensive plays which you are obviously not currently - and then your players WILL all be moving into position. Do you also claim the AI kick too much and you can't catch the ball etc??

Same again - select defensive plays - reckon they're going to kick? THEN choose KICK defense....and so on and so on.....

hope this helps. Sorry if sound frustrated, but I am!! I think people need to keep trying to improve in the game and just apply more logic/commonsense.

12. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

My biggest problem with the offside rulings is that there appears to be one set of rules for you, and another for tha computer controlled team.

I was amazed after playing LOTS of games to receive a penalty due to the computer tackling me in an offside position. In celebration I took a shot at goal from 30m out (and slotted it).

Havn't seen one since.......even though I'm forever getting tackled by players in offside positions..........

Hate to say it but I really miss having the odd penalty going my way (apart from the "collapse maul" one).

That would add a whole new (and important in rugby terms)element to the game.

13. Los Lover

Los Lover Guest

Wait a sec and they'll get onside....seriously...just a second or two.

14. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

Why would I want to wait till the opposition is on side or not???

Isn't that a common ploy in rugby to have quick ruck play, catching defenders offside, and receiving a penalty???

15. Los Lover

Los Lover Guest

Sorry I thought you were trying to get around the problem not dabble in semantics.

16. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

No I'm trying to play a fluid game of rugby (a good game is a fast game!!) and not have to wait for the computer to get its players on side because they rarely get penalised for being offside.............

17. Los Lover

Los Lover Guest

As I say a second isn't exactly "waiting" and anyway, I don't wait, I just pass quick enough or dummy etc or change direction and they don't get me anyway.

18. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

I was talking more about the base of the ruck running from the halfback, though quite often a retiring (well offside) computer controlled player standing in your backline will tackle your first receiver if he is close by.

19. Los Lover

Los Lover Guest

I'm glad it doesn't gift penalties for a cheap tactic like that. In a real test match can you run from the base through gigantic forwards whenever you feel like it?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!