• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oh it's great to be a Scotsman!

• Thread starter edinburgh_gunner
  • Start date
E

edinburgh_gunner

Up against it first half, but we dug deep and got it to HT at 0-0. Then we started to play, a great goal from Caldwell and we're top of the group by 3 points. Fantastic all round performance. Individually, the players aren't the best in the world, but collectivley it'll be hard to stop us. 11 heroes at Hampden, and the old Hampden roar was back. Went mad in the pub when we scored, got soaked in beer. Bring on The Ukaine!

We beat France, yet England can't even beat Macedonia.......oh the good times are here baby.

Who knows...you might ACTUALLY qualify for a major tournament for once

Who knows...you might ACTUALLY qualify for a major tournament for once [/b]

Maybe, but if they do they'll gey dumped out in the group stages. Proberbly only picking up a point in the process.

Well coming out of a group with 2 world cup finalists and a further quarter finalist would suggest that they'd be more than capable of holding their own.

But no point in getting ahead of themselves, they can do that if they pick up anything in Kiev on Wednesday.

Don't be getting ahead of yourself there you still struggled to get that win in Lithuania, who lets face it aren't exactly a power in European football, best to keep things in perspective, back that win up with another on Wednesday and then you can get excited.

Just cause we're playing better than England just now Teh Mite! [/b]

You're Scottish - you of all people, EG, should know the bubble is bound to burst!

Well, we've only lost 3 games in our last 15 so it's not showing any signs of bursting yet. A draw in Kiev will be good on Wednesday night.

You need to win to have any chance especially now that Italy won their match with the Ukraine on Saturday,

I heard yesterday about the Scottish victory. On Saturday afternoon, I watched Top14 Rugby rather than poofball.

So how was the game? Did the Scots played well or this was an oportunistic goal? What about the French? By the way who played for France?

it was defenetly an oportunistic goal as we dominated the 1st half ... but we couldn't score !!! i'm happy with that win 'cause scotland are 1st of this group now and we absolutly need their help to kick out those f****** italians ..3. it would be great if they don't qualify for the euro 08

GO ON SCOTLAND !!!

good on them i say.

and what a load of **** teh mite, im sorry but if scotland come out of a group containing argruably the two bestssides in the world, then they should fear no one. there playing with some real scottish passion and steal, great to see.

well done

and what a load of **** teh mite, im sorry but if scotland come out of a group containing argruably the two bestssides in the world, then they should fear no one. there playing with some real scottish passion and steal, great to see.[/b]

Once again your football knowledge astounds and amazes us all.

If you knew anything abaout the beautiful game instead of trying (and failing) to get one over the staff again, you know Scotland have never progressed out of the group stage in any major tournament.

Now STFU.

if you honestly speak about that match, you could say its a very happy result for scotland. they played totally **** in the first half, being dominated, couldn't do more than 2 consecutiv pass. france should have scored 2 or 3 goals. i had the impression of a flash back 2 years ago when we were doing **** in the wc qualifying. but in the 2nd half ... hum it we couldn't play very well and scotland have been very oportunistic. the managed to keep us far away from the goal and played well to keep that result. i say well done and congratulation to them. but they should be careful with that result, they've been lucky to score that goal and they should be more worried of their 1st half than anything.

they should work on their first half performance but it's not as if a bad performance in the first half hasn't been turned around before, Holland **** all over us in Sep 2001 but just couldn't score, then we take the match in the second half. Ultimately it cost them their world cup place and the same could apply for the French here, Italy got a great result on Saturday that could kickstart their campaign while the French might get a little sidetracked by that defeat in Glasgow.

what the f*** has the past got to do with anything, scotland aint been to a tournament since 1998, this is a totally diff side, whoose playing with passion, unlike the english heirachy

learn to be a member again please, i liked you alot more before you were a mod.

they should work on their first half performance but it's not as if a bad performance in the first half hasn't been turned around before, Holland **** all over us in Sep 2001 but just couldn't score, then we take the match in the second half. Ultimately it cost them their world cup place and the same could apply for the French here, Italy got a great result on Saturday that could kickstart their campaign while the French might get a little sidetracked by that defeat in Glasgow.
[/b]

hum not so sure ... after all this is only an away match so its not as if they had won in france. on the contrary italy won at home. i don't think this defeat will be so bad for our mental ... sometime defeats are better than wins.

its a good thing for holland what happened in 2001 ... they sometime are a bit too arogant (i know blablabla comming from a frenchman blablabla french are arogant and that sort of **** blablabla).

Latest posts