• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oh These Rough Referees

A

alexrugby

HI again

Well Referees are always the people blamed by fans of their teams' bad play

But sometimes (and even frequently) Refs are not right and made it bad!!!!

For Example Tony Spreadbury made everything possible and impossible for Georgia to lose match debut against Barbaians.

What about you?

What can you remind about how "bad" refs are????

FunnyPart-com-referee.jpg

Look at this guy. Can we say that he Blesses Ref?

070710-afc-msia-vs-china-102.jpg

have you been to an AFL match?

i think rugby players and fans show great respect for referees.

in AFL, the crowd at the game openly abuse the referee (they are called umpires in AFL). and that goes for both teams playing, so no matter what the decision, someone is always abusing the ref

The only case I can say that a ref cost us a game (in Rugby at least) was last years quarter final. I hate to bring it up 'cos I know it's both lame and sad to use it as an excuse, but I deeply felt the actions of Wayne Barnes cost us. Let's leave it at that.

In most cases though you only hear this come up when a team losses and the fans/players/coaches are looking for a scape goat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 12 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
have you been to an AFL match?

i think rugby players and fans show great respect for referees.

in AFL, the crowd at the game openly abuse the referee (they are called umpires in AFL). and that goes for both teams playing, so no matter what the decision, someone is always abusing the ref[/b]
That's not necessarily a referee phenomenom. AFL fans are just feral about everything, they feel the need to yell and scream constantly to cloud the fact their game is bloody awful.

As for respect for referees how is it that Man U and particularly Chelsea get away with crowding the referee yelling at him to pressure him to change a decision while teams like the almighty Liverpool can't even mutter under their breath without getting struck down. Referees often decide games in football which is pretty shite.

To go a littble bit of Topic, one of my mates I met during a training I met in Austria wrote a book about how they bribe Soccer games: "The bribe " by Declan Hill, a Canadien journalist.

During his lecturer he explained how they did it and why, how you can trace it etc... really worth having a look at ( if you love soccer like you love your wife :D )

The difference between soccer and rugby when it comes to respect to the ref is that there is much more money going on in soccer, the players fall every 3 metres and act poshy on the field and after the game.

Conerning the mistakes a ref can make, his only human as well, the FIFA allows a ref to have a marge of 15% in taking wrong dicissions, so 15/100 he could be wrong.

In big rugby games you have camera's every where, so that makes things much easier for him, altho the amount of camera's depends on the importance of the game and the interest of the broadcasting stations. It's very easy to blame the one guy that can make the difference between winning and losing, but how you twist or turn it, he can never satify both parties. I believe that he knows what he's doing and when it comes to rugby most refs are intelligent, there are some exceptions :D

Soccer refs are always uder pressure from the people and I think they are quitely tensed..

Nothing if referee comes to sin and crowd poures him, as his decisions are triggering also.

Could be great if we had some ladies as refs, withs sexy habits

19907.jpg

Nobody would then be agressive, instead, wow could it be a sightseeing!!!!!

Refs are always under pressure I think

funny-soccer-videos.jpg

Haha your pictures were starting to weird me out a little bit mate, but I think I have a newfound respect for them now :D

Do not get weired friend. I was just looking for funny referee pics and found out this sexy lady

And I fell in love with her at the moment

She is like a Atom Bomb Isn't she?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Sep 25 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
She sure is! Sorry mate, I didn't mean weirded out badly :thumbsup:[/b]

No way bro, I know what did you mean :D , and because that I have told you whether she is like a bomb ;)

She really is and I also felt myself weird when looking at her pic ;)

Latest posts