• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ok Mr Lucas. You have my attention.

I can see Cumberbatch doing well.
He does look like a bit of a wet blanket but he's an exceptional actor - I reckon that he could play a really creepy/sinister bad guy very well.
Not so much intimidating as disconcerting.

I dunno, he proved in Star Trek Into Darkness he can do villian pretty well

No! He wasn't villainous at all.

I can see Cumberbatch doing well.
He does look like a bit of a wet blanket but he's an exceptional actor - I reckon that he could play a really creepy/sinister bad guy very well.
Not so much intimidating as disconcerting.

He could be scheming, but our right terrifyingly villainous?

That's true enough, but I could still see him in a Sidius (sp?) puppet-master type role.

Just have to wait and see, I guess.

It's not Cumberbatch, it's Max von Sydow.

Actually, a lot of places reporting it is Andy Serkis doing the voice over. Two film critics (Drew McWeeny and Steven Weintraub) are saying they have confirmation of this, but obviously you take things with a pinch of salt with these things. This is what McWeeny said:

"For the record, that is Andy Serkis you hear in the trailer. I was able to verify this, although I was not able to uncover any further information about the role he plays. Here's what I do know, though. He's playing a pivotal role in the film, although he will not have a lot of screen time."

I was underwhelmed with the Star Wars trailer. The Avengers, Age of Ultron trailer. Now, that's a thing of beauty :)

Benedict Cumberbatch does "Otter" very well

eSlwc.jpg

eSlwc.jpg

..and his Mum was "smokin' hot" when I was a teenager

tumblr_n1hteashHs1slesqwo2_1280.jpg

Last edited: