• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

O'Kelly cited

M

MunsterMan

Another one...

Malcolm O'Kelly, the Leinster lock (No 5), is due to appear before an independent Disciplinary Committee in Dublin on Thursday, 22 January as a result of a citing arising from the Round 5 Heineken Cup Pool 2 match against London Wasps at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday, 17 January, 2009.
The citing lodged by the Citing Commissioner for the match, Aurwel Morgan (Wales) is for an alleged stamp on London Wasps player Phil Vickery (No 3) in contravention of Law 10.4 (B).

The independent Disciplinary Committee will be chaired by Rod McKenzie (Scotland) and will also comprise Jean-Etienne Bernard (France) and Robert Williams (Wales)

Law 10.4 (B) - Stamping or trampling: A player must not stamp or trample on an opponent.

Should get 4 weeks minimum IMO.

Mal deserves as hefty a punishment as they can give out theres no place for that in the game

I hope Leinster's lawyer is getting good money. First getting Jennings off now that :eek:

ah come off it when was the last time an Irish player got a proper suspension from the ERC?

You think a two week ban was fair? Flannery was lucky to get away with four weeks last year and this was a worse offence. Have you not heard the jokes about yer man being better than OJ's lawyer?

no he probably should have got 6 weeks but he's not the first Irish player to get off lightly at the ERC or IRB and he won't be the last as long as they're based in Dublin. What Flannery did though was worse imo.

It should have been a longer ban. O'Kelly's good disciplinary record before this incident probably helped him cause.

I have a feeling that we will never agree on this but Flannery was trying to free his leg, rekless and was lucky to get away with 4 weeks. What is O'Kellys excuse?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 22 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a feeling that we will never agree on this but Flannery was trying to free his leg, rekless and was lucky to get away with 4 weeks. What is O'Kellys excuse?[/b]

I know I've seen worse than what Flannery did but that sly little look he gave during his incident convinced me he knew full well what he was doing, add to that that he's a dirty player anyway, it was a miracle he only got what he did, should have been at least 12 weeks for what he did. O'Kelly's was nothing near as malicious as that.

I find it funny that O'Kelly is getting the same punishment as a Welshman who was the victim of some amateur Gloucester dramatics.

At least he got a punishment of sorts..

Think it was fair enough really. It was dangerous play but his record should be taken into account. No previous history of trouble in such a long career.

Irelans best player stamps on someones face and get a fortnights holiday, the ban convienently ending just before the start of the six nations....

Cynical, moi?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 23 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Irelans best player stamps on someones face and get a fortnights holiday, the ban convienently ending just before the start of the six nations....

Cynical, moi?[/b]

Ireland's best player???
What're you on? I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

Lenient ban IMO.

He knew full well Vickery was there cos he looked down just before he put his boot on his face.

Latest posts