• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Old Skool (1991 & 95 RWC) roster

A

ama1

Through sheer boredom, I started working on a roster containing the teams from the 91 and 95 Rugby World Cups.
I have only edited a few teams so far (like, over the last couple of hours); NZ, AUS, ENG, SA, France 95 team.
The difficulty I am having, is finding accurate team lists from this era -on the internet.

Is anyone able to post the team lists of any of the teams that competed at 91 and 95?

I remember Jonah Lomu rugby on PSX and PC was based on the 95 RWC teams, but my copy is long lost!

Here are the 1999 squads.. 2003 and 2007 are easy to find but but 1987, 1991 and 1995 are very difficult. I did collect some squad data from those tournaments and i will try to find the notepad file i made and email you. I intend to make a legends patch at some stage. I have already started on my legends patch roster but it is just name at this stage. Also if i'd recommend doing a combined 1987-2007 roster, as that would be what JLR would have now if it was released.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/rugby/199...ters/index.html

Great find!

They don't have it on the English version.. or yet i haven't found it yet..

Great find!

They don't have it on the English version.. or yet i haven't found it yet..
[/b]

Excellent stuff. I will try to update as many teams as possible - using this information.

B-Rad, if you can wait a little while i am making a legends patch which will be just like JLR's was, a mix of all the teams from RWC's so perhaps don't waste your time, maybe we can work together. I am finishing MUP and will help out on some new projects for others, but legends patch is something i have wanted for a long time.

Also, it can work on any patch anywhere, as it will only be a roster and some kits that will take over the kits in exhibition mode.

Firstly thanks for taking the time to make a patch like this. How will the players stats be calculated?

Awesome Fa'atau82 - A legends patch would be awesome. Hopefully it has the old skool kits with it as well.

It will, i have made several kits lately as i was bored and they are easy. Look on my thread and you will find the screens.

Maybe you can work on collect some players for the squads? I would like players from 1987-2007 (like JLR did) with a couple of old-time players for teams who have them like Wales in their golden era.

Awesome Idea,sorry if this question sounds obvious ,but this Legends patch will be used in the RWC Challenges?

No, just as an exhibition game thing. But you could use the roster for real RWC guess, but with the new kits..

If there's anything I can do to help out with this, gathering information or whatever, let me know! It sounds like a great project

There is a way to play the RWC Challenges with the correct squads of the correspondent RWC?,For example, in the RWC 99 Challenges play with Mehrtens, Lomu, Umaga, Cullen ,etc... instead of the actual modern teams squad.

I don´t say to have a real face for every classic RWC player,but at least play with their real names, cause in the game there still are some commentator names of Lomu,Umaga and other classics

PD:Hope this is understandable, cause mi english isn´t perfect.

well i can get you the entire starting 22's from 87 and 91 if theyre any use give me a while tho

ok well heres the first of many.this is just a test really. im gonna do the whole 87' thing and we'll see where to take it from there. i have no idea what they look like tho but can get their age

Zimbabwe team Vs France 1987
15 Andy Ferreira
14 Peter Kaulback
13 Richard Tsimba
12 Campbell Graham
11 Eric Barrett
10 Marthinus Grobler
9 Malcolm Jellicoe
8 Mark Neill
7 Dirk Buitenda
6 Rod Gray
5 Michael Martin
4 Tom Sawyer
3 Andy Tucker
2 Lance Bray
1 George Elcome

16 Craig Brown
17 Shawn Graham
18 Errol Bredenkamp
19 Neville Kloppers
20 Alex Nicholls
21 Keith Bell
22 - oddly no 7th sub at this time?

I am getting JLR for PSX very soon indeed (when it arrives) so i will post up the official lists. This will be the base for the Legends patch.

Great stuff Pageski.

I will start working on ideas for Legends patch soon. We need to decide the teams to make, like.. Ivory Coast or Russia, Uruguay or Zimbabwe etc.

I have made a lot of the kits already.

you could also search for an emulator on the net and get the RWC 95 version, and check it that way.
If I don't forget I'll have a look next week.

Latest posts