• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

On-Season Weights Routine

M

Muzzer

Alright Lads,

Im looking for a good On-Season weights routine that rugby players use during the season. Ive just currently finished my pre-season bulking routine and am looking to more "Train to maintain". Would anybody have anything that i could use.

Thanks in advance.

why not just continue your current routine?? if injury worries you, just bump your weight down 10-20% and do an extra set. or just do your usual workout with the new, lesser weight.. see if that works, if it's not what you want, tweak it to your needs.. that's what i would do if i didn't maintain the same routine throughout...

In season training is vital, not only to maintain your current strength, but in injury prevention.
My advice is that you cut your weight training down. I don't know what you are currently doing, but I'd move to a 2-3 day routine from a 4-5-6 day one.
Switch to a circuit style lifting program with emphases on form, and burning out. These sessions should be brief, but intense. In season, no doubt you will be practicing several times a week as well as recovering from weekly matches (this is my assumption). Anyway, I can get more specific if you tell me what you have been doing, and what your practice/match schedule is like.

Latest posts