• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

$onny Bill Bails On The Dogs

R

Radman

I'm sure you've all read or heard by now but Money Bill has hopped on a plane to France to take up a contract with a French side coached by Tana Umaga.

He apparently signed a deal or is about to for $3 million over 2 years.

The writing is on the wall as far as this carry on with players going overseas, Something has to be done asap.

Thoughts people.

He didn't even let the Bulldogs know!!!

The Bulldog's Chief Executive said he has had QC's have a look at Sonny Bill's contract and apparently there is no possible way for him to legally get out of the contract. There are quite simply no get out clauses! Looks like a lawsuit to me.

Ive lost all respect for him now though. Fair enough if he had problems and I understand some of them, however you don't turn your back on a contract by fleeing a country without notifying anyone.

He has gone to the Tana Umaga coached Toulon.

The 3mil he earns should cover up his lawsuit he will pay back to the Doggies?

Wheres the loyalty??

what a diiiick lol thats serious money though... it would be funny if he sucked at union (doubtful). It doesn't set a good example for kids does it? showing no commitment, his excuses are crap because he gets paid more than enough the twit.

lol... he just gapped it?

what a diiiick lol thats serious money though... it would be funny if he sucked at union (doubtful). It doesn't set a good example for kids does it? showing no commitment, his excuses are crap because he gets paid more than enough the twit.

lol... he just gapped it? [/b]
Yep...just jumped on that plain and that was that. His manager confirmed what had happened and the rest is news.

Quite stupid of him though because there will be legal action and even if he does end up getting out of his contract at the Bulldogs, they'll make it as hard as possible (good on them too) so he may end up missing games.

I reckon good on him who cares about loyalty these days look at Robbie Deans he's coaching the Aussies and thrashed us :%#%#: . It was just a matter of time before he was gonna leave the muts everyone could see he wasn't very happy there.

I'm not really a fan because I don't watch league anymore but I think he should just take care of no.1 and not have to worry about what other people think. Good luck to him Sonny Bill next to Jerry Collins gees I feel sorry for the French.

Well lets blame Wille Mason lol! Sonny looked at Masons example of cash over loyalty and thought "It is all about the money" haha!

Timana Tahu knew what he was doing...so did the other league converts. They know they are better footballers than some of the players in the Wallabies and they think "What am I doing earning less cash playing a sport that doesn't get the crowds or international recognition these Wallabies get when I am a better player? I better switch and get my due"

If Sonny Bill plays in the Heineken Cup he will be thinking thrilled with the experience and variety and change of culture. Give it two years and if he is any good he WILL come back to NZ and play S14 and have a shot at the All Blacks.

Seriously what is there left for him at league? Wearing the same old Bulldogs jersey doing things he has done before over and over again. Playing for the Kiwis and losing to the Kangaroos. He will never play SOO. The only variety there is in league is changing clubs....but even if you change clubs you still play in the same stadiums in front of the same mediocre crowds with the same TV audience. I suppose he could goplay league in the north and fade into obscurity hehe.

Sonny has woken up and is now doing what he wants to do.....he is having a shot at the big dream. Playing at a RWC for the All Blacks!

this is looming as a huge court battle. Bulldogs seem pretty keen on getting an injunction against him playing anywhere else since he has no get out clause in his contract.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1946188
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg says the club will take out an injunction to prevent Sonny Bill Williams from playing elsewhere after the star back-rower reportedly flew to France to take up a $3 million rugby union offer on Saturday.

"Quite simply, if Sonny intends to play overseas, we'll be looking to take out an injunction which will effectively stop him playing in France, England or anywhere else he intends to do it," Greenberg said.

Seriously what is there left for him at league? Wearing the same old Bulldogs jersey doing things he has done before over and over again. Playing for the Kiwis and losing to the Kangaroos. He will never play SOO. The only variety there is in league is changing clubs....but even if you change clubs you still play in the same stadiums in front of the same mediocre crowds with the same TV audience. I suppose he could goplay league in the north and fade into obscurity hehe.

[/b]

Could have waited until after the League World Cup?? lol

But he should have commited to his contract... however he should not have signed till 2012 (i think) its too long of a contract. For Tahu i guess he's getting old while Sonnys still young. I agree with Willie Mason, NRL should increase the salary cap, thats the only way that could keep (some/most if not all) their top players.

Atleast he will get to rub shoulders with Umaga and Gregan and Mehrtens lol

Toulon's gota alot of players of note like Jerry Collins, Matt Henjak, Orene Ai'i, Saimone Taumoepeau, Joe Van Niekerk, possibly Tana Umaga and now possibly Sonny Bill Williams.

Who gives a f*** about loyalty? Your looking in the wrong place if your trying to find loyalty within a professional sport. I say let him get his cash he deserves it. Go ahead SBW screw over Toulon if you can get a better contract.

Two Years learning the game and getting set up for life... Than come back in 2010 home to Auckland to make a run at the All Blacks for 2011? Sounds good to me.

Its way he left that has left people dumbfounded, shocked, angry etc.

I guess if you're a superstar, don't sign long term contracts.

F*%k the dogs and the nrl. All he needs to do is look out for no1. and he is. its not like they have paid out the whole 5 years up front and are out of pocket. I think good on him and i think hes gonna be a supa star at union. Make the all blacks side easy too. He can take that cabbage hands nonu or luaki's position any day. I just hope that the dogs leagal eagles cant stop him from playing footy over there. Go SBW.

Dog act of the highest order. I'm just as ****** as MG. **** me I'd do anything to play rugby/any sport for a living and earning 500 a season. I guess he'd prefer 1million to the friendships he had in rugby league, which will come back to bite him.

Gallop is a tool and speaks like one.

We dont need shitheads like SBW. Biggest overated **** who spends 3/4 of the time on the sidelines. Deadset ******.

looks like he will get a life ban from the nrl if he does break the contract unlawfully.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1946917
Gallop: We will ban SBW for life
A furious David Gallop has warned Sonny Bill Williams of a lifetime NRL ban if he breaks his contract to switch codes.

Williams has walked out on his Bulldogs rugby league contract to pursue a lucrative rugby union deal in France.

The NRL CEO said it's more fundamental than simply breaking his contract though, because he's walking out on his teammates.

He said if Williams were to play overseas, the door would be closed on his returning to the NRL at any time in the future.

Gallop is also calling on the International Rugby Board to stop any other contract, or it will be a form of international piracy.

Does anyone think SBW doesnt care if he gets a life ban from the NRL?

He definetly wont be playing league again, he will keep playing in France for the money, possibly go back to NZ for the All Blacks.

Go where the cash is SBW! The corporates at the top will be mad because they will have to cut back on their caviar diet. Screw the NRL and milk all the cash you can get from this industry because people will be doing the same to you. Im sure SBW is reading this right nodding and agreeing with me lol

maybe one day he may play for manu samoa, that would be awesome, however unlikely.

Latest posts