• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Oooooh look, we're not bottlers, look at us" - Pr 12 Final

The one year we might have beat you hoors at the RDS.

Féck it. Féckin féckers.

I suppose its good to see another team make the final.

09-10: Ospreys - Leinster
10-11: Munster - Leinster
11-12: Ospreys - Leinster
12-13: Leinster - Ulster
13-14: Leinster - Glasgow
14-15: Glasgow - Munster
15-16: Connacht - Leinster
16-17: Scarlets - Leinster

Thats 7 different teams in the final in the last 6 seasons. Over the same time period in the PremierHype they've had 8.

Last edited:
Steff Evans' red card rescinded so he is free to play. Glad that a borderline call didn't cost the Scarlets a shot at the ***le. Ball and Ken Owens are both out injured though. Do Scarlets have any resilience in those positions?

If so, I'm plumping for the Scarlets although I imagine Munster will show maximum grit and ferocity in this one.

Steff Evans' red card rescinded so he is free to play. Glad that a borderline call didn't cost the Scarlets a shot at the ***le. Ball and Ken Owens are both out injured though. Do Scarlets have any resilience in those positions?

If so, I'm plumping for the Scarlets although I imagine Munster will show maximum grit and ferocity in this one.

Scarlets got through the semi-final without Ball and Owens. Ryan Elias is an excellent replacement for Owens, a massive prospect who brings some real physicality. I've been pleasantly surprised by Lewis Rawlins' form of late. I always took him for being far too lightweight for a lock and not quite regional quality, but he's been excellent!

Very glad that Evans is free to play, that could make the difference. He's a top-top winger.

I think this will be a tougher game than v's Leinster, not necessarily because Munster are a better side, but because Munster's physicality up front could cause the Scarlets' relatively lightweight pack more problems than Leinster did. Conan apart, Leinster don't posses the most physical challenge in the forwards, but Munster certainly do! I don't think the Scarlets will struggle in the set-pieces, they've got a rock solid scrum and plenty of lineout options; but they could struggle to contain Munster's carriers. They also need to ensure that Munster don't get away with slowing down the ball in the breakdowns like they did v's the Ospreys.

Should be another cracker. I think the Scarlets have more firepower than Munster, and as such I'm backing them to triumph.

Scarlets got through the semi-final without Ball and Owens. Ryan Elias is an excellent replacement for Owens, a massive prospect who brings some real physicality. I've been pleasantly surprised by Lewis Rawlins' form of late. I always took him for being far too lightweight for a lock and not quite regional quality, but he's been excellent!

Very glad that Evans is free to play, that could make the difference. He's a top-top winger.

I think this will be a tougher game than v's Leinster, not necessarily because Munster are a better side, but because Munster's physicality up front could cause the Scarlets' relatively lightweight pack more problems than Leinster did. Conan apart, Leinster don't posses the most physical challenge in the forwards, but Munster certainly do! I don't think the Scarlets will struggle in the set-pieces, they've got a rock solid scrum and plenty of lineout options; but they could struggle to contain Munster's carriers. They also need to ensure that Munster don't get away with slowing down the ball in the breakdowns like they did v's the Ospreys.

Should be another cracker. I think the Scarlets have more firepower than Munster, and as such I'm backing them to triumph.
Munster will turn up and win I think, last week's game was lost by a Leinster side who thought they had the league won. (Heaslip, Healy and A.N.Other had insta stories of the 2014 win in the build up to the game) Munster will be hungry, choke the life out of Scarlets like Leinster should and could have and win. Obviously I was wrong last week but I don't see two non-performances from quality sides against Scarlets who I'd describe as a pace setter for the league.

Honestly could not care who wins, obvious positives to either outcome.

All I will say is win or loose we are learning. And Saracens game will be the blessing of us.

Munster will turn up and win I think, last week's game was lost by a Leinster side who thought they had the league won. (Heaslip, Healy and A.N.Other had insta stories of the 2014 win in the build up to the game) Munster will be hungry, choke the life out of Scarlets like Leinster should and could have and win. Obviously I was wrong last week but I don't see two non-performances from quality sides against Scarlets who I'd describe as a pace setter for the league.

Honestly could not care who wins, obvious positives to either outcome.

I agree that Leinster played poorly, that was obvious to everyone, especially considering they were a man up for the whole second half. But I don't think you're giving enough credit to a Scarlets side who were well on top and playing some silky smooth rugby when 15v15. On top of that they've earned respect with their performances as a whole this season. They have a well balanced side with decent depth in most positions.

Munster won't be easy. They've had a great second half to the season and are being spurred on by the loss of the inspirational Foley. The players and fans want this in his memory, and that seems to have added an extra couple of percent to their performances. They won't roll over, but Scarlets are still good enough to win

I remember in about week 5, Stephen Jones (back coach for Scarlets) went on ScrumV and was getting a friendly ribbing about how crap the Scarlets were at attacking when Jones had all this talent at his disposal. I mean, they were awful!

He and Pivac deserve huge credit even if they lose this. I hope Jones gets a crack at a head coach role before long.

It's too close to call in my opinion. I have no idea who will win.

Getting ready to head to this. Should be in Dublin for 2. Wonder if there'll be many Welsh making the journey today.

There's been a big push here to support Scarlets fans getting over there. Some are doing an all day and nighter on a bus, some are camping, some are able to pay the £350 plus for ticket travel and hotel. The price to get over to Dublin was pretty big. Munster are always going to outnumber them.

Looking forward to this game. Teams of contrasting styles. James Davies is the man to watch today, can see another MOTM performance.

Munster start as favourite for sure, but it shouldn't be a walkover. If Scarlets can get quick ball to the backs, their offload game is very strong.

3/4 point swing either way.

Fantastic rugby from the Scarlets, the first 30 minutes of attacking play was very very good. Munster's short defence is baffling me. It feels like a case of 'we'll do what we do best' and then left the door open for the Scarlets wide game.

In the last 10 I thought the Scarlets defence was very good, particularly when Munster upped the pace. Scarlets need to keep Patchell on the field this week as when the game gets tighter, he's got a great out of hand kicking game to the corners.

Champion worthy first half from the Scarlets, but I'm never writing Munster off. Ever.

As an Irishman, I'd prefer to see Munster win. As a rugby fan, what Scarlets are doing is brilliant; they're so much better to watch and more ambitious with ball in hand than their opponents.

Would love to see Tadhg Beirne brought back into the Irish system given the pressing need at second row. He showed terrific strength for his try today.

I'm really not a fan of this substitution. Hadleigh Parkes for Patchell. Unless Patchell is carrying an injury, I just don't get it.

---- The change of both of the halfbacks has really affected the Scarlets. Crazy really. They'll be happy just to keep Munster out now.

Last edited:
This ***le seems a bit premature, 50% of the teams appear to be bottling it

This ***le seems a bit premature, 50% of the teams appear to be bottling it

Really not happy with this Olly. Scarlets are playing really well and I think it's unfair to say Munster have bottled it, rather than the Scarlets have a defence Munster couldn't really get through for most of the game. Scarlets have been more than good value for this win and have been in this sort of form for a while.

Really not happy with this Olly. Scarlets are playing really well and I think it's unfair to say Munster have bottled it, rather than the Scarlets have a defence Munster couldn't really get through for most of the game. Scarlets have been more than good value for this win and have been in this sort of form for a while.
It was a joke, I'm not even watching it just following the scoreline :p

Latest posts