• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Opinions on The Allblacks and Austrailia not being licensed in the game ?

spies8

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Hi guys, just want to ask what people think of the allblacks and austrailia not being in the game.

It's disappointing, obviously, but doesn't put me off at all
HB have said there's a player editor so I can just change "Ben Harter" to "Dan Carter" - sorted
"New Zealand" and "Australia" will be in it, in black and gold (yellow) respectively, so that's all I need

It's disappointing, obviously, but doesn't put me off at all
HB have said there's a player editor so I can just change "Ben Harter" to "Dan Carter" - sorted
"New Zealand" and "Australia" will be in it, in black and gold (yellow) respectively, so that's all I need

agreed...

when playing the game, I refer to both the All Blacks and Wallabies as New Zealand and Australia anyways, so missing their "trade names" so to speak does not impact me, but then I'm not for NZ or AUS.

Being able to edit the players to reflect their real world names & positions (is the jury still out on whether likenesses can be in any way modified?) will bring those 2 teams (and any other unlicensed teams with fake names) into line with the licensed material.

In all honesty, getting the gameplay and solid online play will put any license issues to the back seat when the game hits shelves.

Why can't we just all get along Exclusive Licenses are killing both of these Rugby ***les...
Sucks to be playing RWC2011 with no All Blacks/Wallabies and suck to play RC with no Sth African Super Rugby players...

I can understand Rugby Challenge not having every International license as they are trying to get Leagues and other competitions. But for the Official RWC 2011 game to not have the top two ranked teams in the world seems pretty lame! I'm sure that NZ and Australia will feature in the game but The All Blacks and the Wallabies definitely wont.

Exclusive licenses are kinda forcing both these games to be incomplete which is a shame. Hopefully there is a sequel to either game and with it comes a fully licensed game.

I just want both games to sell well so we can get at least one of them to make rugby games on a regular basis, every year or two not every world cup.

I am not too fussed with the split exclusive licensing. I think All Blacks and Australia opted to go support the local developer and distrubutor in Sidhe and HES respectively. Fair enough!! Otherwise, apart from more money, I don't understand why they would not want to associate themselve with official world cup game.

Both games have a player editor where you can edit player names. For consoles, is it possible to download another gamers profile who has changed all the names and use that to play the games or do I have to change all the names myself?

I'm more interested to know if their player likeness will be in it. Names etc can be changed, but I hate generic models.

I'm more interested to know if their player likeness will be in it. Names etc can be changed, but I hate generic models.

I'm as certain as it is possible to be, that their likenesses will not be in the game. I'm afraid that this game will only enable changing of names and personal attributes. I would dearly love to know if even altering skin, hair and eye colour is available along with height, weight and playing position. That'd be all it needs. A generic face is a problem, but the least of the problems when compared to having a name editor for players who look nothing like the real players.

I think we need to be informed by the developer for 100% clarity on this to be honest.

Anyone remember World Championship Rugby created by Swordfish studios? It was released around about the same time as Rugby 2005 (i think)
Anyway, that game had licences for the 6 nations teams and thats it. However teams like NZ, Aus SA, etc had some what close player liknesses (not extactly), you could make out who was Doug Howlett, Joe Rokocoko, Mills, Mortlock, Elton flatly etc etc
Couple of years later they released a a sequel, Rugby Challenge 2006. However this time round all the player likenesses were random. Don't know why!! Maybe licencing issues, or they just couldnt be stuffed!!

Anyone remember World Championship Rugby created by Swordfish studios? It was released around about the same time as Rugby 2005 (i think)
Anyway, that game had licences for the 6 nations teams and thats it. However teams like NZ, Aus SA, etc had some what close player liknesses (not extactly), you could make out who was Doug Howlett, Joe Rokocoko, Mills, Mortlock, Elton flatly etc etc
Couple of years later they released a a sequel, Rugby Challenge 2006. However this time round all the player likenesses were random. Don't know why!! Maybe licencing issues, or they just couldnt be stuffed!!

I think it might be in this case that as the tech gets better, the faces look more exactly like certain people and there's more basis for saying "you used this guys likeness!".

That's why somewhat generic, but close enough players that you can change hair, eye, skin colours and height along with weight would be good. All I've heard so far from this game is Names and maybe Attributes. I hope if that's the case that likenesses are correct, but in the wrong positions (ie: a somewhat recognisable Jimmy Cowans face, playing as a lock and the height/weight and abilities wrong, but call James Gower or something).

All you have to do is change the position played, the attributes, the name and done.

What's the point if you have to assign the name Richie McCaw to a Samoan looking player, or a red headed pale guy has to be called Ma'a Nonu.

HB should please try and let us know.

The sequal to WCR, Rugby Challenge, was similarly without southern hemisphere licenses however this time they opted for generic faces as their lawyer advised them so. The developers told us this when we asked them similar questions to the above.There is very little chance of any facial likeness. Skin, hair and eye colour shouldnt be a problem though.

I agree with what has been said, that if we can only edit names then its useless if they havent given us the correct skin and hair colour at the very least.

I will be buying both games and as a kiwi am a little upset at the licensing issues, but I don't blame the developers. The developers do have the power to make these
problems go away though, with a semi decent editor.

Why can't we just all get along Exclusive Licenses are killing both of these Rugby ***les...
Sucks to be playing RWC2011 with no All Blacks/Wallabies and suck to play RC with no Sth African Super Rugby players...

Exactly how I feel. But then again, business is business :-(

The sequal to WCR, Rugby Challenge, was similarly without southern hemisphere licenses however this time they opted for generic faces as their lawyer advised them so. The developers told us this when we asked them similar questions to the above.There is very little chance of any facial likeness. Skin, hair and eye colour shouldnt be a problem though.

I agree with what has been said, that if we can only edit names then its useless if they havent given us the correct skin and hair colour at the very least.

I will be buying both games and as a kiwi am a little upset at the licensing issues, but I don't blame the developers. The developers do have the power to make these
problems go away though, with a semi decent editor.

I think your 100% right and if they have the power to make this issue semi go away and don't I'll be extremely disappointed.

It can be Rugby World Cup 2011 without exact licenses for the Number 1 & 2 unions in the world right now, but if they are poles apart and you can't edit anything at all physically, then this is going to be a bad thing that could've been helped and it will be a little more like Rugby World Cup 2011 V0.8.

Latest posts