• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Opinions on The Allblacks and Austrailia not being licensed in the game ?

World championship rugby did not have tri-nations teams licensed. however they did similar player likenesses.
I think EA had exclusive license of All Blacks.

I've been keenly anticipating this game for years now and have kept a close eye on this forum. I'm shocked that NZ and Aus aren't in the game, what a f-up.
I mean this game had the potential to be a classic- a real classic, and now it's going to **** worse than that rugby league game. Please tell me, this is some sick joke? How can you have a world cup game and market it as the official world cup game to then not include the all blacks-the f***in hosts- and the wallabies who are going be the two blimin teams that face off in the final!!! It's really unbelievable to hear this is happening, after the genuine excitement I had for this game. Guess, the warning signs were there though, the minute EA jumped ship, this was headed for disaster. I know these guys aren't working with a big budget but this is a real sucker punch. How cool would it have been to have the same teams, same comps as the original EA games with new graphics etc, but now its all gone.

p.s, before you guys all lament me, just think how people are going to react when they buy the game here, only to find that their playing as david carton and rylie mccrab---it sucks-big time.

I've been keenly anticipating this game for years now and have kept a close eye on this forum. I'm shocked that NZ and Aus aren't in the game, what a f-up.
I mean this game had the potential to be a classic- a real classic, and now it's going to **** worse than that rugby league game. Please tell me, this is some sick joke? How can you have a world cup game and market it as the official world cup game to then not include the all blacks-the f***in hosts- and the wallabies who are going be the two blimin teams that face off in the final!!! It's really unbelievable to hear this is happening, after the genuine excitement I had for this game. Guess, the warning signs were there though, the minute EA jumped ship, this was headed for disaster. I know these guys aren't working with a big budget but this is a real sucker punch. How cool would it have been to have the same teams, same comps as the original EA games with new graphics etc, but now its all gone.

p.s, before you guys all lament me, just think how people are going to react when they buy the game here, only to find that their playing as david carton and rylie mccrab---it sucks-big time.

Ye, I am thinking the same way as you. I think HB should have atleast made the players to what they look like in real life and then just let us put the real names on them.Its going to be hard to play the game and realize that none of the biggest stars in the world are in it.I think that for this game to be a success they must add the players likness and let us edit the names because with none of the newzealand and australia players likness they are losing alot of customers!

Can't HB use their previous models of Aussies and Kiwis from 06/08 and use them under a previous license (albeit with changed names)? Does the new license "trump" the old one?

they really do need todo something,,they must at least allow us to swap or copy players from one squad to another,to try and fix this mess.
do they have offical kits for them ?

they really do need todo something,,they must at least allow us to swap or copy players from one squad to another,to try and fix this mess.
do they have offical kits for them ?

no i dont think so. I think for the Allblacks they just have a plain black kit but im not 100% :)

no i dont think so. I think for the Allblacks they just have a plain black kit but im not 100% :)

The SA v NZ screen shot appeared to show some sort of graphic on for a badge and a shirt sponsor.

Ive gotta agree about a post a few pages ago, its abit of a farce that the host nation which is the top ranked team, plus oz arnt licenced at the official world cup game. if the government can push through a whole raft of new laws and regulations to get the wc going well. then can hb go to irb to trump anything else? i mean good on shide being able to stir the pot and they will profit for it.

what i hope is that they use flags rather than logos. there was nothing wrong with jlr how you chose by flags. sure a logo is nice but god help us if new zealand is represented by a bloody cheesey tiki like were a canabalistic tribal village in the lost pacific ala ricky ponting cricket.

Ive gotta agree about a post a few pages ago, its abit of a farce that the host nation which is the top ranked team, plus oz arnt licenced at the official world cup game. if the government can push through a whole raft of new laws and regulations to get the wc going well. then can hb go to irb to trump anything else? i mean good on shide being able to stir the pot and they will profit for it.

what i hope is that they use flags rather than logos. there was nothing wrong with jlr how you chose by flags. sure a logo is nice but god help us if new zealand is represented by a bloody cheesey tiki like were a canabalistic tribal village in the lost pacific ala ricky ponting cricket.

Agreed on that.

Ideas rated in order:

1st: Flag
2nd: Kiwi
3rd: A Fern (Similar to the Silver Fern).
100th place: A Tiki (especially a badly designed one).

It's been said that under the RWC license they can use the actual jerseys worn by each nation so that will be fine, but yeah... The official RWC 2011 game without complete licensing of at leat the top 10 teams is pretty poor! Especially if either NZ or Aussie end up winning the whole thing!!! I'm guessing this game will halve in price the minute the World Cup is over... At least in NZ it will

Yea complete killer for this game to not have NZ or Oz licences or even player likeness. Thats like Brazil and England not being licenced in Fifa . Nuff said.

Yea complete killer for this game to not have NZ or Oz licences or even player likeness. Thats like Brazil and England not being licenced in Fifa . Nuff said.

Wait.. England ranked #2 in the world in football? they're 4th and tbh Brasil should still be above em.. for a exact comparison it should be Spain and Netherlands from football (ranked #1 and #2)

For me it isnt a huge gamebreaker as they are still gonna be in the game, yes its annoying not all licences are there but theres not really much that can be done now tbh :/ Just hope the players in the positions of their real life counterparts are close in terms of height and hair etc then just edit names etc.

England are ranked 4th in football?
How did that happen? They should be like 20th

Won't buy RWC2011 because it's missing the All Blacks and countless other features that RC does have.

cant these guys just do something properly now, we have been waiting so long now for this ***le and now im not sure if i want to buy it. crap

Rugby 2012

Let the game play do the talking, so what if it's only world cup and exhibition games, it's PS3 & xbox graphics. Iam sure HB will do club games and get all the Licences in due time, we have 2 rugby games to buy it's Game On.

I will buy a sports ***le game based on gameplay too but also depth and realism and from what we have heard and seen Rugby World Cup 2011 just doesn't have enough depth for me to want to purchase it. Sidhe's RC on the other hand is sounding like a more complete Next Gen Rugby ***le with real potential.

Latest posts