Oscars...

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by RC, Mar 8, 2010.

1. RC

RC Guest

So Hurt Locker pretty much cleaned up with 6 awards
    Jeff Bridges got best actor for Crazy Heart
    Sandra Bullock best actress for Blind Side
    Kathryn Bigelow wins best director for Hurt Locker - first woman to ever win an oscar for best director.

I know we've got a few film fans on here, anyone got any views?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Can't really comment since I haven't seen many of the Oscar movies this year. :(

Would've preferred to see Inglourious Basterds or Up in The Air win Best Picture, though. I really didn't think much of The Hurt Locker, though its nice to see Bigelow become the first female Best Director winner.

4. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Thank God Avatar didn't win any of the big awards,
    It deserved the ones it won (the visual ones) but deffinatley not Director/Movie, soooooooooo overrated

5. Laetca

Laetca Guest

No real thoughts on any awards, but I'm glad that Giacchino won Music, Up has a great Soundtrack and I love how he manages to create something new for each film.

6. bristol-iain

bristol-iain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Mar 9 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Love the score he made for Star Trek too.

7. Laetca

Laetca Guest

Heard him in the three Pixars he did, Speed racer and Star Trek, loved them all. The music that is, Speed Racer was so bad it was funny; which seemed to be what they were going for so XD

8. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Avatar ****** sh**tless :eek: I thought in a wrong way

Iraq still main pain and shame for USA nation (the hurt locker)

Jeff Bridges--- I like him, he was worthy of Oscar

Christoph Waltz played in a way that I was astonished when watching this crazy movie

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!