• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys 42-10 Dragons

DuncTheDoodle

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
The topic has to be made in honour of Ryan Bevington's awesome try. Up there with Graham Price's debut try for Wales as the best-ever Welsh prop try.

OK, don't get too carried away DuncTheDoodle. But it was a great try, infact I thought he was overall very good after coming on. Should also mention that that was Tiatia's last game for the O's. He's been a great servant, and am glad that he's staying on to take up a coaching role.

The game was a little disapointing, but the Ospreys eased to a win over a depleted Dragons try as expected. Pitty we didn't have an opportunity to see more of Tovey, as Biggar did himself little favours yesterday, generally acting like a prick. Home semi-final for the O's should see them into the final imo.

Did you see when biggar scored his try and put it right next to the touch line????

Looked like Bowe had a word to him about that. However, it wasn't as if the game was in any doubt, and the number of points scored wasn't going to come into the equation regarding a home s/f, so not quite sure what Bowe would have said to him. He does need to stop being such a big headed idiot though. Confidence is all well and good, but not arrogance. Well done to Nigel Owens though for giving him a bollocking for trying to point something out, every ref should do this. Not the first time a ref has told him to shut his gob though (although, never did Dawson etc. any harm)!

Hes a great player and maybe it's because hes so young and keen but thats no excuse. Nigel owens is a great referee never the players know where they stand with him on the pitch.

I've decided until he can give me a reason to do otherwise, I'll call him Dan Bighead.

Scoreline wasn't surprising really. Confirmed what we already know, the Ospreys have a big front row, an international back row and if you give them space any of their backline can convert nice moves.

Dragons were a shadow of the team they were a few months ago didn't really put pressure on the Ospreys defensively which was disappointing. Had a few nice attacking moves but nothing to ride home about.

As for Biggar, confidence is one thing, but arrogance isn't a great quality. It reminds me of Tom James a bit from when Tom was on form. He cannot afford to think he's the 'finished article' just yet because if he stop learning, he will never be the player he could be. I don't deny that he's a good player, but it'll be interesting to see his attitude and resilience when the pack is under a bit of pressure in the final rounds.

Latest posts