TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Kristian-Phillips-new-deal-at-Ospreys_2563820.jpg

The Ospreys have confirmed that wing Kristian Phillips has signed a two-year contract that will keep him at Liberty Stadium until the end of 2012/13.

20-year Phillips, a product of Tonmawr RFC's strong youth set-up, signed his first Ospreys Academy contract in January 2007, and has already gained Magners League and LV= Cup experience for the region.

He set the record for the youngest ever player to start a Magners League match, aged 17 years and 250 days, when he faced Connacht for the Ospreys in May 2008, a game in which he also became the youngest ever Magners League try scorer, with both records still standing.

In total, he has made thirteen appearances in an Ospreys shirt to date, eleven of them starts. Capped by Wales at age-grade level, he has also experienced the senior international environment having been included in an extended squad for the 2010 Six Nations.

"It's great news for me, I'm really pleased that I'm going to be able to continue my rugby development here for the next two years. It's a commitment from me to my home region, and it's good to see the commitment from the Ospreys coaches who are putting their faith in me to continue improving," said Phillips, speaking to the Ospreys' official website.

"It's been brilliant to get a run of games in the LV= Cup over the last few months. It's a chance for us youngsters to step up to the mark and I think we certainly did that as a group.

"It was unfortunate that we had 14 points but didn't go through, but like the rest of the group I'll be able to take confidence from that involvement and what we achieved. There's a few Magners games now where the bulk of the squad is away on international duties and it's up to us to put the team in a good position to approach the end of the season.

"It's my third full season in this set-up and things have been going really well for me. I've got another two years here and I'll still only be 22 by then, and hopefully, I'll be really pushing to get in that wingers jersey."

http://www.planet-rugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,3825_6755377,00.html

Well done for signing a player. Now who the hell is he?

The Ospreys have confirmed that wing Kristian Phillips has signed a two-year contract that will keep him at Liberty Stadium until the end of 2012/13.

20-year Phillips, a product of Tonmawr RFC's strong youth set-up, signed his first Ospreys Academy contract in January 2007, and has already gained Magners League and LV= Cup experience for the region.

He set the record for the youngest ever player to start a Magners League match, aged 17 years and 250 days, when he faced Connacht for the Ospreys in May 2008, a game in which he also became the youngest ever Magners League try scorer, with both records still standing.

In total, he has made thirteen appearances in an Ospreys shirt to date, eleven of them starts. Capped by Wales at age-grade level, he has also experienced the senior international environment having been included in an extended squad for the 2010 Six Nations.

If you would have read the article would tell you :lol:

Latest posts