TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
huw-bennett-136145216.jpg

WORLD Cup hooker Huw Bennett won’t get a new deal at the Ospreys should his move to French club Lyon collapse

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyn...rospect-of-lyon-deal-collapse-91466-30772712/

Hi Huw, Cardiff Blues need a hooker, keen? Wait B+B won't sign him because he's not a real backup player.

If the Ospreys can't afford to take him back, i'm pretty sure the Blues can't

If the Ospreys can't afford to take him back, i'm pretty sure the Blues can't

They might be able to with help from the WRU in the form of a dual contract.

He's matured into a quality player, the Blues should be doing everything they possibly can to sign him if his France move falls through and the O's decide they don't want him (can't understand why the O's wouldn't take him back though).

The Blues should chase him as much as they could to get him if his deal dont go through.

He's matured into a quality player, the Blues should be doing everything they possibly can to sign him if his France move falls through and the O's decide they don't want him (can't understand why the O's wouldn't take him back though).

They won't take him back because with the financial situation as it is, and a promising young hooker on the books already it makes absolutely no sense to give a big contract to a replacement hooker who will be away with Wales for half the season.

As much as I'd like to see Huw stay, it just doesn't make sense when there are other positions that do actually need to be sorted first.

They won't take him back because with the financial situation as it is, and a promising young hooker on the books already it makes absolutely no sense to give a big contract to a replacement hooker who will be away with Wales for half the season.

As much as I'd like to see Huw stay, it just doesn't make sense when there are other positions that do actually need to be sorted first.

Baldwin is ok, but I've not seen all that much to suggest that he'll be the next big thing. They've been playing a 40 y/o ahead of him most the time. I'd be trying to keep hold of Bennett if I were them. He's got a number of playing years remaining (he's 29), and is an important member of the Ospreys squad imo, especially considering Hibbard's relative frailty.

It's the Scarlets who have stock piled all the hookers. Rees and Owens are the two best hookers in Wales, then they also have Emyr Phillips and Kirby Myhill who have both impressed me every time I've seen them play. The Blues and/or Dragons should be going after one of them, because they'd do a good job, and would increase depth.

Baldwin is ok, but I've not seen all that much to suggest that he'll be the next big thing. They've been playing a 40 y/o ahead of him most the time. I'd be trying to keep hold of Bennett if I were them. He's got a number of playing years remaining (he's 29), and is an important member of the Ospreys squad imo, especially considering Hibbard's relative frailty.

It's the Scarlets who have stock piled all the hookers. Rees and Owens are the two best hookers in Wales, then they also have Emyr Phillips and Kirby Myhill who have both impressed me every time I've seen them play. The Blues and/or Dragons should be going after one of them, because they'd do a good job, and would increase depth.
We have liberated Sam Parry from the grasp of the Turks, thank you very much!

The O's most certainly would like to take him back but they simply can't afford him now

Last edited:
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xqq193_huw-bennett-deux-ans-au-lou-rugby_sport"></iframe>

Latest posts