• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys sign another Canadian

psychic duck

International
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24106015

Now a third Canadian at the Ospreys. Is there a Canadian contact somewhere involved perhaps?

Anyway, great opportunity for Phil Mack, presumably earned on the back of his man of the match performance against the USA. I don't rate the scrum halves the Ospreys have highly, Tebaldi can be gaffe prone and delivered a few ankle passes in the match last weekend and Rhys Webb is jaw droppingly ****, whilst Habberfield has very little game time at Pro12 level to be judged on.

Even he gets released as soon as Webb and Habberfield are back, it's still a chance to put himself in the shop window for some other teams to have a look at. It also makes Canada a step nearer to being able to field an entirely pro team, only positions #2, #3 and #10 to fill now is it?

I think it's a good option. He's good, let him fill a gap until Habbers is back. I've seen calls we should be developing a youngster, but if we can bring Habbers through this season and maybe help Webb discover some of the form from when he won caps and wasn't an embarrassment to the game of rugby, then I'd be very happy indeed. Tebaldi looks to have been a good signing, too. Obviously, he's not Fotuali'i', but he's gone well in both games so far.

Perhaps Canada has been added to the Ospreys region?

Mack is a fantastic player at times, though sometimes he can try and force things a little too much. It's a bit of a blow for our 7's side but I'm sure White will fill in nicely with that side. It's great to see him get this oppourtunity.

Yes PD, only positions, #2 and 10, are not professional since Marshall often plays #3 for us, though Carpenter is starting to get some time at Hooker for Pirates, I know people are trying to get Barkwill's name out there but not sure if anyone will give him a chance at 33 years old which is a shame. FH also has some guys who play 7's occasionally and our in effect semi pro's, but is probably the big question mark though decent prospects are coming up.

Sometimes Mack's passing can let him down and he is a bit undersized but when he's on, he's on.

Was very impressed with Mack vs USA, look forward to seeing him play on this side of the pond!

Latest posts