• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys 'sign Toulon's Collins'

C

Cymro

The Ospreys have signed ex-All Blacks' back-row forward Jerry Collins, according to reports in New Zealand.

Collins, 28, is currently with French side Toulon where his cousin and fellow ex-All Black Tana Umaga is coach.

Collins' manager Ben Castle told the NZ Sunday News: "The Ospreys and Jerry are coming together for the next couple of years, I can confirm that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...eys/8042153.stm

Collins
Holah
Jones

Looks nice on paper, what are the chances of them playing well collectively in a big game?

I don't know... he probably cost a lot and he's been nothing but average this year with Toulon.

The Galacticos wallet strikes again...
They'll just have to hope this big name signing will help them actually turn up more than half the time. Didn't quite see this signing coming tbh, I thought they might go for somone like Delve to replace Tiatia. I hope someone does bring Delve back to Wales (preferably the Blues as Molitika is 36 in August)

Huge signing, but they now have to somehow fit Jones, Jonathan Thomas and Collins into 2 places! I can't see Tiatia playing much next year, but as Munsterman said, that backrow looks impressive. Then again it always has, and that hasn't helped them, Holah usually doesn't turn up to the big games!

It's a great replacement for Tiatia though, another brutal player who will give his all in every game.

The Ospreys are claiming themselves a pretty impressive back row for next season, if this is true I'll try to catch as many games as I can.

Latest posts