• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Dragons

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ospreys.png
Dragons.png

Ospreys v Dragons </div>

The Ospreys must win with a bonus point to keep their slim league chances alive this evening against the Dragons.

For the Dragons they have a chance to overtake both the Blues and the Scarlets and stake a claim for an automatic HEC spot although with 3 games away from home that remains a tricky task and the home game with Leinster isn't a given either.

I'd expect the Ospreys to win but I'm not sure if they'll get the bonus to deny Munster the league in what will be another boost to the European Champions ahead of Saturday's semi-final.

Ospreys: Lee Byrne, Tommy Bowe, James Hook, Andrew Bishop, Shane Williams; Dan Biggar, Mike Phillips; Duncan Jones, Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Filipo Levi, Alun Wyn Jones, Tom Smith, Marty Holah, Ryan Jones (capt).
Replacements: Ed Shervington, Paul James, Ian Gough, Filo Tiatia, Tavis Knoyle, Jonathan Spratt, Gareth Owen.

Dragons: Jason Tovey, Gareth Wyatt, Rhodri Gomer Davies, Rory Sidey, Aled Brew, Shaun Connor, Wayne Evans, Adam Black, Steve Jones, Rhys Thomas, Hoani, Macdonald Luke Charteris (Capt), Danny Lydiate, Jamie Ringer, Joe Bearman.
Replacements: Tom Willis, Nigel Hall, Hugh Gustafson, Lewis Evans, Andrew Hall, Phillip Dollman, Alex Walker.

no sooner do the Dragons take the lead then the Ospreys reply with a try straight from the kickoff, great take of the restart by Bowe and quality offload to Hook to finish it off.

8-6 to the Ospreys after 20 mins.

Ospreys extend their lead after the ref pinged the Dragons at the scrum with a penalty from Hook.

Still only the one try so far but plenty of time left and Hook looking quite sharp at outside centre.

both sides seem intent on giving away scores from restarts, that time though Connor missed the penalty.

I think that yellow card was a bit harsh, for taking Byrne out in the air, but he did seem to stumble before taking him out, no doubt about the penalty but harsh imo.

fair enough they're not as far ahead as the Dragons were at the same time against Connacht but surely the Ospreys should have gone for the corner there, they need 2 tries still surely they should have shown a little more ambition than that,

Rubbish game.
Best thing for quality-turned-useless players like Hook and Henson would be to move to a different club, because the shambles at Neath-Swansea are steadily on the decline. On the positive side, Tovey looks quality. Future fullback for Wales methinks.

I agree. I was having a conversation with my mate about Phillips last night saying he should be stepping onto the next level and developing his game further. I said that if he was still at the Blues now he would have the ability to become a better scrum half than he is. As it is he is at a floundering vessel, a team playing unstructured and rubbish rugby.
Who's going to improve under these conditions?

PS: I'm spending the evening in my Uni's 24 hour library. Does anyone know if the Scarlets game will be fed on the BBC Sport website?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ May 1 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PS: I'm spending the evening in my Uni's 24 hour library. Does anyone know if the Scarlets game will be fed on the BBC Sport website?[/b]

Does your uni not block peer to peer strreaming? Mine does and it angers me greatly....

Naa, not on BBC anyway. Well i was watching the snooker fine on it the other night, so I'm guessing the rugby would work.

Do really fine girls with really fine asses keep on walking past you making it near impossible to read/study?

There were a few fitties in tonight mind! But then you see your ex and suddenly work seems that much more important :p
Dull, I'm at Cardiff doing History and Archaeology, just finishing my second year. Lorra work, but hell of a laugh :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ May 1 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PS: I'm spending the evening in my Uni's 24 hour library. Does anyone know if the Scarlets game will be fed on the BBC Sport website?[/b]

given it's on the BBC as well it should be on their website too.

Well i got the week wrong so it didn't matter in the end! :p
Monkey, there was so much around today it wasn't true! I had to leave in the end xD
God, I love college. Eeeyy!! :D

****, I might reconsider going to Cardiff now I know this loony roams the corridors...

Latest posts