• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Edinburgh

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ospreys.png
Edinburgh.png

Ospreys v Edinburgh</div>

The Ospreys have to win to keep their slim ***le chances alive against the Ospreys and given that Munster will have most likely gotten the win against the Scarlets the pressure will be even greater.

Edinburgh picked up a decent win last weekend although they'll have dissappointed not to have gotten the bonus point with 3 tries under their belt in the opening half.

Some players may well feel they have a point to prove having missed out on Lions selection and it may not necessarily be a lost cause given the likelihood of injuries.

Think it may well be a case of delaying the inevitable with this match.

Im looking forward to this match. Edinburgh have a very handy side indeed and I feel the Ospreys are going to have to work for this one.

Ospreys by 6 in the end though I reckon.

If we can build on last week, we've got a chance. Got a very good young squad in Edinburgh, and the foundations will be being laid for the futre now. I think Blair and Ford will be going out with a point to prove, and what a better place to do it than at the Hairspreys.

Our away form, in contrast to last season, has been very poor. But, as I've already said, building on what was by all account a good performance last week is key. We were patient in defence and our discipline was good, the only concern was our inability to get the fourth point. We've got enough talent to win down there, we did it last season, and a win down there could well be the bullet up the arse that we need if we're to finish as high as we can.

I hope, more than expect, a win however - but I think we can achieve it. Certainly if we're loosers I don't think it'll be by much at all. PLus, Ospreys v. Edinburgh games tend to be quite exciting I find!

Ospreys seem to be dominating this one, 10-7 up but a host of missed kicks from Hook and Biggar which could have had them further ahead.

Edinburgh have turned this one around and now lead 22-17 into the second half and goodness even Paterson managed to miss a kick, must be blowing a gale at the Liberty Stadium!

bonus point secured for the Ospreys with the 4th try, now they just need the win to go with that, currently trailing by 1 point.

and that's the lead now for the Ospreys with Edinburgh pinged for going offside.

Edinburgh looking to get a try close to the Ospreys line...

They get it!

Conversion for the lead... Typical booing from the Swansea faithful... He gets the kick! 30 - 32.

pressure kick now to win the game for Edinburgh. Rolland was right there in fairness, hard to see from the replay though

Thank you Edinburgh! Munster need what now? One point to win the league! Excellent ;)

Holy crap what a finish. Phil Godman take a bow and all the players for keeping up the faith right until the very end, just like last year. It's pretty harsh on the Ospreys to lose like that, last year they were pretty dull but this year they were very good, Andrew Bishop especially.

OSPREYS VS EDINBURGH IS THE BEST FIXTURE LETS HAVE IT EVERY WEEK

two things lost us the match today, poor place kicking in the first half and apalling linout throwing throughout from Bennett. In patches today, the Ospreys looked very good, Biggar 10 and Hook at 13 looks a good combo. But it wasn't good enough in the end. Congrats Edinborough, fought to the end and got the victory, great determination to get the try at the end.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Apr 25 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
two things lost us the match today, poor place kicking in the first half and apalling linout throwing throughout from Bennett. In patches today, the Ospreys looked very good, Biggar 10 and Hook at 13 looks a good combo. But it wasn't good enough in the end. Congrats Edinborough, fought to the end and got the victory, great determination to get the try at the end.[/b]

didn't see the first half but how did Byrne, Williams and Bowe play?

Ryan Jones was simply immense today, went out and silenced the critics. Lyn Jones comments midweek were correct. All Jones can do is paly himself into form and hope someone gets injured in the backrow.

All scored a try, all played better than they have for a while. Burne did get yellow carded, but it was calculated to stop a try (not that it much better, but it wasn't needless). Basically the Ospreys had enough opportunities to win that game, try dissallowed, even though it looked good to me, 4-5 missed kicks at goal, but worse than all that were the bloody linout! Gave one try to Edinborough in the first half with a poor long throw 5m from try-line, handed over posetion constantly and finally allowed them to run at us for the final 10min by missing 3 linouts in a row (all overthrown it appeared), letting them get the final try needed.

Ryan Jones also looked impressive back where he should be at no8. Phillips had a very good game, being his usual annoying self, some big runs aswell, certainly outplayed Blair imo. Overall, good performances from all the Lions on display, t'was the other players that let them down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Apr 25 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All scored a try, all played better than they have for a while. Burne did get yellow carded, but it was calculated to stop a try (not that it much better, but it wasn't needless). Basically the Ospreys had enough opportunities to win that game, try dissallowed, even though it looked good to me, 4-5 missed kicks at goal, but worse than all that were the bloody linout! Gave one try to Edinborough in the first half with a poor long throw 5m from try-line, handed over posetion constantly and finally allowed them to run at us for the final 10min by missing 3 linouts in a row (all overthrown it appeared), letting them get the final try needed.

Ryan Jones also looked impressive back where he should be at no8. Phillips had a very good game, being his usual annoying self, some big runs aswell, certainly outplayed Blair imo. Overall, good performances from all the Lions on display, t'was the other players that let them down.[/b]

good to hear especially about Phillips in the wake of O'Leary's injury as he's clear favourite now to start the tests.

If someone said "Phillips and Ellis for teh LIONS" before the 6 nations everyone on the forum would've bit his head off...

Latest posts