• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Edinburgh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 25 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If someone said "Phillips and Ellis for teh LIONS" before the 6 nations everyone on the forum would've bit his head off...[/b]

would've been the same with O'Leary to be honest yet he timed his run of form to perfection. Franno's point for once was well made, it's amazing how much selections hinged on the Munster Ospreys match. Earls, Quinlan and O'Leary playing their way in with Jones sealing his fate in the other direction.

Cymro, did I just see you agree with Lyn Jones' comments regarding Gatland being at fault for Ryan Jones' awful slump in form this year? Or are you talking about other Lyn Jones' comments this week that haven't been brought to my attention?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 25 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cymro, did I just see you agree with Lyn Jones' comments regarding Gatland being at fault for Ryan Jones' awful slump in form this year? Or are you talking about other Lyn Jones' comments this week that haven't been brought to my attention?[/b]

Yep and theres a first time for everything. I think its the one and only time I ever ever agree with him.

It's been both Gatland's and Holley's fault at the O's imo. He's an out and out 8 in my book, not a 6! I know that in some ways hands were forced due to Jonathan Thomas' injury, meaning both Wales and the O's were short at 6. It's been unfortunate that Jones had to move across to acommodate other no 8's who couldn't make the switch. Ryan Jones is a lead by example kinda captain (as O'Driscoll is for Ireland), and he's obviously found it harder to do that from 6, where the no 8's Powell and Tiatia have been the ones making the obvious carries.

It's a problem that needs to be adressed, and it's been made obvious that the two positions aren't interchangable as people thought (have the ELV's had an effect on this I wonder?).

Today showed that from 8, Jones can have more freedom to drop back / further from the ruck and start doing what he did at the start of his career, run!

Latest posts