Club or Nation
Barbarians
Ospreys.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Edinburgh.png

Venue: Liberty Stadium, Swansea
Date: 4 December
Kick-off: 1830 GMT

The Ospreys are set to welcome back their 12 internationals from the autumn series this week ahead of Saturday's clash with Edinburgh.

Ten of the players return from Wales while Tommy Bowe and Nikki Walker will be back from Ireland and Scotland duty.

The Ospreys will assess each player before deciding whether to include them in Saturday's 23-man squad.

But the region also have a casualty list of nine injured players including Shane Williams (dislocated shoulder).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9243226.stm

All depends what side the Ospreys field, feeling if they have a strong side then they will beat the Gunners, but you feel if they dont then they might struggle.

I'm hoping not to see Biggar at 10 for this game. I think that maybe Adam Jones, Alun-Wyn Jones and James Hook will be rested, but the rest should be free to play. If that's the case, I'd love to see Mathew Morgan get a chance in a close to full-strength Ospreys team to see what he can do. Biggar deserves to be dropped after his shambolic display last week anyway.

I'm hoping not to see Biggar at 10 for this game. I think that maybe Adam Jones, Alun-Wyn Jones and James Hook will be rested, but the rest should be free to play. If that's the case, I'd love to see Mathew Morgan get a chance in a close to full-strength Ospreys team to see what he can do. Biggar deserves to be dropped after his shambolic display last week anyway.

Both Matthew Morgan and Matthew Jarvis seem promising.
Quite a variety in size as well- Morgan 1.64m, 56kg; Jarvis 1.93m 91kg.

Some props have heavier bellies than that!

I am struggling to contemplate just how he might survive a tackle. Thats the weight of a 14 year old (in SA albeit)

That is shockingly small.
Which is something that has never been said to me, might I add!!

peter stringer looks stocky and tall beside him
at
Height 5 ft 7 in (1.7 m)
Weight 11 st 0 lb (72 kg)

stringer could mabey even win a fight against him

Didn't realise he was quite that small. Have we got another Arwel Thomas on our hands, exceptionally talented, but just too small to handle international rugby?

he would have to be pretty damm talented to survie at out half
can you imagine jamie robets for example charging into him

even if he does tackle people it could well deal him many injuries

...I'm younger than him, but both taller and heavier. And I play on the wing, not at prop. Wow.

I'm older, taller, heavier and better yet he's the one playing outside half for the Ospreys!!!!

He could still make it, especiallu because so far he has shown to be that talented in the chances he's been given. However he'd have to seriously bulk up, Halfpenny style, to survive with 17-18 stone centres running down his channell. There's nothing to say he won't be able to tackle all that's thrown at him, afterall technique is key to tackling, but recent history dictates that it's gonna be an uphill struggle for him all the way.

Latest posts