• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys V Glasgow -14th May 2010, Liberty Stadium

DuncTheDoodle

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
Live on the BBC Red Button/2 Wales/Online and presumably Setanta.

Ospreys: Lee Byrne; Tommy Bowe, Andrew Bishop, James Hook, Shane Williams; Dan Biggar, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Jerry Collins, Marty Holah, Ryan Jones (capt).
Replacements: Ed Shervington, Ryan Bevington, Ian Gough, Filo Tiatia, Jamie Nutbrown, Gareth Owen, Nikki Walker.
Glasgow Warriors: Bernardo Stortoni, Rob Dewey, Max Evans, Graeme Morrison, DTH van der Merwe, Dan Parks, Mark McMillan, Ed Kalman, Fergus Thomson, Moray Low, Tim Barker, Alastair Kellock (capt), Kelly Brown, John Barclay, Johnnie Beattie.
Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Kevin Tkachuk, Dan Turner, James Eddie, Hefin O'Hare, Duncan Weir,Colin Shaw.

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland).

What have the Ospreys done to deserve Clancy again???

I'd like to say Ospreys should win this comfortably, but i'm not sure. I always write off the Scottish teams for some reason, but the home advantage for the 'spreys should see them through, especially with that team

Live on the BBC Red Button/2 Wales/Online and presumably Setanta.

Ospreys: Lee Byrne; Tommy Bowe, Andrew Bishop, James Hook, Shane Williams; Dan Biggar, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Jerry Collins, Marty Holah, Ryan Jones (capt).
Replacements: Ed Shervington, Ryan Bevington, Ian Gough, Filo Tiatia, Jamie Nutbrown, Gareth Owen, Nikki Walker.
Glasgow Warriors: Bernardo Stortoni, Rob Dewey, Max Evans, Graeme Morrison, DTH van der Merwe, Dan Parks, Mark McMillan, Ed Kalman, Fergus Thomson, Moray Low, Tim Barker, Alastair Kellock (capt), Kelly Brown, John Barclay, Johnnie Beattie.
Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Kevin Tkachuk, Dan Turner, James Eddie, Hefin O'Hare, Duncan Weir,Colin Shaw.

Referee: George Clancy (Ireland).

What have the Ospreys done to deserve Clancy again???[/QUOTE]

lied about having no avialable props for the ulster game lol

A very good and proffessional side for the Os. If the backs get a good platform and have plenty of ball Glasgow will be abliterated.

The only way I can see Glasgow winning this is if they get the ball to the killer Bs to make ground however I can see Ospreys spotting this as Glasgows main thread there Ospreys will need to cut of Glasgows backrow.

Ospreys by 12

Haha. DuncTheDoodle, you were just asking that from coonor!

Tough to see anything but an Ospreys win. But Glasgow have the kind of pack (especially backrow) that can make it a very tough game. If Ospreys get enough decent ball, shouldn't have too much problem at home.

Almost hoping Hook doesn't have another blinder though, as it'll just remind me what we'll be missing on the summer tour!

Biggars kicking this game has been excellent so far, it's a pity he's a dick

Also, that well shouldn't have been a try for Williams

I certainly thought it looked like his foot shaved the touchline, but there was no way to tell conclusively, even after slow motion replays.

Good game, some great hits going in from both sides. Lucky not to have seen a couple of very serious injuries though, with Collins taking an accidental knee to the face, and Van der Merwe (sp?) landing on his head after half running over Shane Williams, again an accident, but it could have been a horrible injury.

Hooks try was a touch of class. Great fend, good speed and a lovely chip to get past the fullback.

An attendance of 7,079 is very poor for a semi final. What happened Ospreys fans? I suppose the Friday night early-ish kick off probably had an influence. Were ticket prices increased or something?

It's probaly got something to do with only having 5 days to sell tickets, plus the time as said. People didn't have the time to put it out of the way as a 'Big Game', as they did with the Tigers game.

Shane's try was 50-50, he just scraped the touchline but it took several viewings on a super-zoomed in camera to spot it. I'm glad he scored, though. Obviously. Hook's try was brilliant. Biggar and Holah both played very well, Holah seemed to be everywhere.

Just got to hope Jerry's alright. Wouldn't like to be the guy who injured him!

Thought the stadium looked half empty! Very poor turnout for a quarter final, Ospreys must me disapointed. Although, this game didn't quite feel like a big game, not like a HC quarter or anything, it shows from the lack of comments in this thread really. I think the final would generate more inerest, especially as it'll be against Leinster/Munster, two of the superpower clubs in Europe. Still though, I bet Irish fans won't be holding back today, there'lll be a 30-40,000 turnout I bet!

If the turnout today is also below what it should, then the League needs to consider leaving more time between the league finishing and playoffs beginning to promote and sell tickets for the s/f. But I'm not really sure if that should have been a problem. Wonder how many Glasgow fans made it down?

Only has capacity of 18,500 Dullonien but it'd sell 40k easily if possible. But today is a sell out
Croker was a possibility but Leinster said no (and rightly so as they earned Home Advantage)

Will be interesting to see in final will the away team bring many fans.

Fair enough munstermuffin.

Ospreys obviously have a large number of casual fans, if the amount of shirts they sell is anything to go by, but obviously alot of those people don't go to watch. I would have loved to have gone on Friday, but was impossible being up here in Lincoln with my final year hand-in today.

I know the Leinster v Munster game was slightly different, as it was also a derby between two Irish teams. Had the other semi been between say Ospreys and the Blues, I'd expect the Liberty would have been close to a sell-out. Unfortunately Glasgow aren't a huge draw, even if they've been in fine form this season and were deserving semi-finalists.

Will many Ospreys travel to RDS for fianl?

Will be interesting as it a big chance for silverware.

I'd expect there to be a good few thousand. But I'm sure Leinster will have a god 3/4 of the support. Should be a great game, and I honestly think the Ospreys can cause an upset. They'll obviously go in as big underdogs, but with the talent in the squad there's always a decent chance.

It's going to be pretty much Ireland vs Wales with the amount of internationals in each squad

The winning of this game will be decided in the backrows and well IF Ospreys can manage to control Heaslip that'll make life alot easier but well the man is simply just getting better and better. And is the best player in the world at the moment bar none.

For me this is simply a must win for the Ospreys. They can't keep putting winning silverware off and they have basically a fully fit side.

Ospreys backrow is pretty handy as well,
If Collins is fit (i don't know how serious his injury was, hopefully it was just a bit of blood, no fractures or anything) then he could have a big impact on it

Apparently some Ospreys suppoerters(season ticket holders) stayed away from the Glasgow game because the game wasnt included in the price of the season ticket.Very bizarre for some fans to stay away for what was their biggest game of the season.I think 12,000 would have been an ok attendance for the ospreys,the backers must be pulling their hair out wondering what they have to do to get the crowds in down at the Liberty.

Latest posts