• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ospreys.png
Leinster.png
</div>

The Ospreys welcome back Jonathan Thomas for his first start in 7 months and Jonathan Spratt is also expected to be involved having missed out against Ulster.

Leinster bring back Girvan Dempsey into their squad, while we should see D'Arcy, Hines and Reddan all starting having been on the bench against the Dragons.

Leinster won the corresponding fixture last season during the 6 Nations but I'd expect the Ospreys side this time round will be a good deal stronger. Too close to call for me.

Leinster (from): Shaun Berne, Gordon D'Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Shane Horgan, Chris Keane, David Kearney, Simon Keogh, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Paul O'Donohoe, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton; Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Jason Harris-Wright, Cian Healy, Nathan Hines, Bernard Jackman, Shane Jennings, Stephen Keogh, Ronan McCormack, Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O'Brien, Malcolm O'Kelly, Mike Ross, Devin Toner, Stan Wright.

OSPREYS:

15: Lee Byrne
14: Tommy Bowe
13: Jonathan Spratt
12: Andrew Bishop
11: Nikki Walker
10: James Hook
9: Jamie Nutbrown

1: Duncan Jones
2: Huw Bennett
3: Craig Mitchell
4: Ian Gough
5: Jonathan Thomas
6: Jerry Collins
7: Marty Holah CAPTAIN
8: Tom Smith

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richard Hibbard
17: Paul James
18: Alun-Wyn Jones
19: Filo Tiatia
20: Mike Phillips
21: Dan Biggar
22: Gareth Owen

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Gordon D'Arcy
12: Shaun Berne
11: David Kearney
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: John Fogarty
3: Stan Wright
4: Nathan Hines
5: Malcolm O'Kelly
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings CAPTAIN
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS FROM: Bernard Jackman, Mike Ross, Leo Cullen, Devin Toner, Stephen Keogh, Chris Keane, Fergus McFadden, Simon Keogh

REFEREE: Peter Allan (SRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Tim Hayes (WRU), Alan Jenkins (WRU), TMO: Tony Rowlands (WRU)

D'arcy, Reddan and Hines make their 1st starts of the season, Dave Kearney gets another runout, it's Stan Wright's turn to see who comes out on top in the battle for the 3 jersey come Heineken Cup time, Bernard Jackman is in the matchday 22 for the first time in 4 months and Sean O'Brien seems to have shunted Stephen Keogh further down the "depth chart". I'm quite pleased with the team. My only (minor) concern is that Shaun Berne is in ahead of Fergus McFadden but he performed far better than the old Clongownian last weekend.

Byrne! Bowe! Bennet! Biggar! Bish! It's about time.

Good thing the first two are back, and Bishop had an excellent game last week, so hopefully he can cary it over. It's his 100th Ospreys game, so he's bound to be motorvated as well. Five test-match Lions in the squad, (If you include Hook, despite him never coming off the bench) plus the likes of Hollah, Collins and Walker, not to mention The Legend himself. (Filo Tiatia)

With any luck, the back three (A very strong back three) could win the Ospreys the match. I'd have thought that Leinster would bring back more Lions for this game, as everyone wants to get victories against the 'Big Five' early on.

I'm glad to see Hook at 10 again. He needs a run of games in his favoured position to get a bit of confidence and used to running a game. Not quite so keen to see JT at lock though. He's a damn good blindside. Why is Tom Smith at 8?

Ryan Jones pulled out through a minor injury at the last second, so they brought him in instead.

That's more like it from the Ospreys! Up front, I'm delighted that neither Paul James or Cai Griffiths are starting, useless c**ts the both of them! I'm also not hugely keen to see JT starting at lock, but it's not too bad. I've always been quite impressed my Tom Smith, works hard and never gives up, maybe not international class, but a good regional player.

In the backs, much better. I'm sure every O's supporter is glad Vaughton isn't playing. The back three is very strong, good centre partership (although I'm still a bit dissapointed Owen hasn't got a start. Still not sure about Nutbrown, but he improved things a little when he came on last week, so we'll see how he goes.

Close game, but as it's at the Liberty, I'll go for the Ospreys........... just.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 17 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's more like it from the Ospreys! Up front, I'm delighted that neither Paul James or Cai Griffiths are starting, useless c**ts the both of them! I'm also not hugely keen to see JT starting at lock, but it's not too bad. I've always been quite impressed my Tom Smith, works hard and never gives up, maybe not international class, but a good regional player.

In the backs, much better. I'm sure every O's supporter is glad Vaughton isn't playing. The back three is very strong, good centre partership (although I'm still a bit dissapointed Owen hasn't got a start. Still not sure about Nutbrown, but he improved things a little when he came on last week, so we'll see how he goes.

Close game, but as it's at the Liberty, I'll go for the Ospreys........... just.[/b]

I'm gonna stick my neck out and go for Leinster, but, again not by much, less than 10 points, I'd say. It's gonna be an eye opener for me to see the new Ospreys kit in the flesh so to speak after having seen it only in photos. Will it get a :) or a :eek: ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 17 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd have thought that Leinster would bring back more Lions for this game, as everyone wants to get victories against the 'Big Five' early on.[/b]
Checka would love to but he's now allowed. Its the IRFU that dictates the pre-season for internationals not the provinces. It works well in the long term (looking at how few injuries they suffer through the season), but at times like these it can be frustrating.

They should all be back and available next week we think.

As for the game, well I havent a clue really. Leinster are still predictably unpredictable and three different starters is not going to change that in a week. If the ospreys turn up they will win, leinster may still get a bonus point but it all depends on the Ospreys if you ask me.

Bah, wish this was on S4C, would love to see it
Going to be a cracking game, i have a feeling Leinster will win, as Ospreys have a tendancy of...underperforming, lets say.
However, like Log said, if they play as well as they can on paper, then they'll take it

I have a feeling that Leinster will take the game tonight. Will be a close and hopefully a great game to go with it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Sep 18 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bah, wish this was on S4C, would love to see it
Going to be a cracking game, i have a feeling Leinster will win, as Ospreys have a tendancy of...underperforming, lets say.
However, like Log said, if they play as well as they can on paper, then they'll take it[/b]
Sky Channel 991, and the red button. If you can get S4C, you can see the game.

Ah right, thats my evening sorted then :p Moving back to wales on Sunday, so it'll be easier then anyhows

This is a very tough game to call. Ospreys on paper look to be the better team but they lost to Ulster last week and were unimpressive in beating Connacht in the opening round. Will all the changes upset the balance of the team even further or will it drive them on. Leinster on the other hand haven't really gotten out of 2nd gear yet. They should have beaten the Scarlets and were a bit better in beating the Dragons. Reddan, Hines and D'arcy should lift the team a bit more.

I can't see more than 5 points between the teams in the end. My homerism leads me to believe Leinster will take it.

yeah it's pretty vile in fairness.

Early chance for Leinster with Holah not releasing.

Latest posts