• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Munster

M

MunsterMan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Munster's James Coughlan who captained the side in their two British & Irish Cup victories will anchor the Munster pack in the Magners League game against Ospreys at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday (6.30pm).

The 28 year old Dolphin clubman's last appearance at this level was against The Dragons when he came on as a 60th minute replacement for Tommy O'Donnell and prior to that his previous start was against Glasgow Warriors in March of last year. The Ireland international Sevens player was part of a superb Munster back-row - along with Niall Ronan, Denis Leamy and replacement Billy Holland -who ran the All Blacks so close last season.

He has being one of Munster's stand-out players in the British & Irish Cup and is relishing the opportunity that Saturday's game presents. "Yes really looking forward to the game at the Liberty. There is huge competition here in Munster for places in the back row and a good healthy rivalry among those of us looking for the jersey. I wouldn't say there's any ****le in training but but it is competitive. It has to be and if it wasn't we wouldn't be as successful a squad as we are."

Coughlan is one of five changes from last time out, four of those up front where newcomer Wian du Preez replaces Julien Burugnaut, John Hayes back in place of Stephen Archer with Coughlan in for Denis Leamy and Niall Ronan replacing David Wallace.

The one change in the backline from the Munster game sees Doug Howlett back for the first time since injuring a hamstring against Benetton Treviso in mid October.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/6859.php[/b]

Ospreys:

15 Gareth Owen
14 Tommy Bowe
13 Sonny Parker
12 Andrew Bishop
11 Nikki Walker
10 Dan Biggar
9 Liam Davies

1 Duncan Jones
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Craig Mitchell
4 Alun-wyn Jones
5 Jonathan Thomas
6 Jerry Collins (Capt)
7 Marty Holah
8 Filo Tiatia

Replacements:
16 Huw Bennett
17 Paul James
18 Cai Griffiths
19 Andy Lloyd
20 Ben Lewis
21 Rhys Webb
22 James Hook

Munster:

15 P Warwick
14 D Howlett
13 J de Villiers
12 L Mafi
11 K Earls
10 R O'Gara
9 T O'Leary

1 W du Preez
2 D Fogarty
3 J Hayes
4 D O'Callaghan
5 O'Connell
6 A Quinlan
7 N Ronan
8 J Coughlan.

Replacements:
16 D Varley
17 T Buckley
18 D Ryan
19 N Williams
20 P Stringer
21 D Hurley
22 I Dowling

Strong, strong Munster team, short Horan, Flannery, Wallace and Leamy and that's it. Really should beat an injury hit Ospreys well if they hope to get anything out of the Perpignan away game.

Interesting to see Howlett's kept his place. Bet he won't be there for long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 4 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Interesting to see Howlett's kept his place. Bet he won't be there for long.[/b]

Yeah, agreed. Denis Hurley's been brilliant in all the A matches he's played and looks dangerous whenever he comes off the bench in Magners/Heneken Cup matches.

And on that point: Why are Dowling and Hurley both on the bench?

Also a strong Ospreys lineup imo. Gareth Owen get's a chance in a big match, although I'd have preferred it it were in the centre. Not keen on Sonny Parker, and Liam Davies is inaxperienced at 9.

Pack is strong, and at last they play Craig Mitchell in front of Cai Griffiths...

Definitely, but without Adam Jones, Gough, Ryan Jones, Phillips, Henson, Shane, Byrne etc. I really think we should win this well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 4 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Definitely, but without Adam Jones, Gough, Ryan Jones, Phillips, Henson, Shane, Byrne etc. I really think we should win this well.[/b]

Oh god, never say "we should this well"....it's the ultimate jynx + they'll quote you later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 4 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 4 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely, but without Adam Jones, Gough, Ryan Jones, Phillips, Henson, Shane, Byrne etc. I really think we should win this well.[/b]

Oh god, never say "we should this well"....it's the ultimate jynx + they'll quote you later.
[/b][/quote]

You are right. :(

Ospreys by 12

Liam Davis is awful. He had nine boxkicks go out on the full in the first half against Bath a couple of weeks ago. I hope someone's spoken to him about that...

Still, if we haven't got Ryan, then who cares when we've got FIIIIILLOOOOO, the man without a nervous system! He's bound to smash a couple of those smug Irishmen's faces in. (That's what happens if you continue playing top-flight Rugby at the tender age of 39.)

You really think Liam Davis is awful?
I didn't see him play against Bath, but i've always been impressed with him. He's not had that much experience, but he's a fairly decent player.
Definitely wouldn't class him as awful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 4 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You really think Liam Davis is awful?
I didn't see him play against Bath, but i've always been impressed with him. He's not had that much experience, but he's a fairly decent player.
Definitely wouldn't class him as awful.[/b]
There was the game against Glasgow where he intercepted a pass ten yards from the Try Line, one defender to beat, and overlap, and what does he do? Throw the ball into the defender's hands. Another time he spent so long organising the backs he didn't realise the ball had already came out of the ruck and the opposition back row had just nicked it. Rhodri Wells is alright, as is Rhy Webb. Let one of them start.

Biggar gets a penalty kick over and O'Useless misses another penalty kick

7-3 to Munster

Christ, why the f*** did they leave him take such an important kick. Drop him, put jones at fullback and we've got a team. Oh and drop JdV.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 4 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Presently 19 - 7 to the Ospreys. Just to prove Monkeypigeon right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Dec 5 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Christ, why the f*** did they leave him take such an important kick. Drop him, put jones at fullback and we've got a team. Oh and drop JdV.[/b]

What did he do wrong?

Latest posts