• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Newport Gwent Dragons, Saturday October 30

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Ospreys v Newport Gwent Dragons
Liberty Stadium, Swansea
Saturday, October 30; Kickoff 1830 Local
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]-->
<table style="width: 372px; height: 566px;" bgcolor="" border="1" bordercolor=""><tbody><tr><td> Position </td><td> Ospreys </td><td> Newport Gwent Dragons </td></tr><tr><td> 1 </td><td> Ryan Bevington
</td><td> Phil Price
</td></tr><tr><td> 2 </td><td> Mefin Davies
</td><td> Steve Jones
</td></tr><tr><td> 3 </td><td> Craig Mitchell
</td><td> Nigel Hall
</td></tr><tr><td> 4 </td><td> Andy Lloyd
</td><td> Luke Charteris (C)
</td></tr><tr><td> 5 </td><td> Ian Evans
</td><td> Rob Sidoli
</td></tr><tr><td> 6 </td><td> Tom Smith
</td><td> Andrew Coombs
</td></tr><tr><td> 7 </td><td> Marty Holah
</td><td> Gavin Thomas
</td></tr><tr><td> 8 </td><td> Jerry Collins (C)
</td><td> Toby Faletau
</td></tr><tr><td> 9 </td><td> Jamie Nutbrown
</td><td> Wayne Evans
</td></tr><tr><td> 10 </td><td> Dai Flanagan
</td><td> Jason Tovey
</td></tr><tr><td> 11 </td><td> Richard Fussell
</td><td> Nathan Brew
</td></tr><tr><td> 12 </td><td> Ashley Beck
</td><td> Ashley Smith
</td></tr><tr><td> 13 </td><td> Sonny Parker
</td><td> Tom Riley
</td></tr><tr><td> 14 </td><td> Nikki Walker
</td><td> Adam Hughes
</td></tr><tr><td> 15 </td><td> Gareth Owen
</td><td> Pat Leach
</td></tr><tr><td> Replacements </td><td> Ospreys
</td><td> Newport Gwent Dragons
</td></tr><tr><td> 16 </td><td> Richard Hibbard
</td><td> Tom Willis
</td></tr><tr><td> 17 </td><td> Duncan Jones
</td><td> Hugh Gustafson
</td></tr><tr><td> 18 </td><td> Cai Griffiths
</td><td> Pat Palmer
</td></tr><tr><td> 19 </td><td> Conor McInerney
</td><td> Scott Morgan
</td></tr><tr><td> 20 </td><td> Justin Tipuric
</td><td> Robin Sowden-Taylor
</td></tr><tr><td> 21 </td><td> Rhys Webb
</td><td> Shaun Connor
</td></tr><tr><td> 22 </td><td> Tom Isaacs
</td><td> James Leadbeater
</td></tr><tr><td> 23 </td><td> Barry Davies
</td><td> Matthew Jones
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:
16-21 to the Dragons, full time.

Newport Gwent Dragons:
Tries:
Toby Faletau
Wayne Evams

Conversions
Jason Tovey (1/2)

Penalties
Jason Tovey (3/5)

Ospreys:
Tries
Gareth Owen

Conversions
Dai Flanagan (1/1)

Penalties
Dai Flanagan (1/2)
Gareth Owen (2/4)

Last edited:
Ospreys were naff, Gareth Owen being the naff-in-cheif. Dragons deserved the win and I was mightily impressed with Toby Faletau, thought he was very good and I think it's key he gets capped as soon as possible before Tonga do.

Yeah, not the best game I've seen.
Have to give the Dragons credit for beating the O's at Liberty.
Faletau has already said he'd prefer to play for Wales, but Gats had better do something soon.

What with Faletau and Morgan, we suddenly seem to have a future at No. 8. I can definatly see the former getting a call-up, even as soon as monday.

Well played, Dragons. Hopefully that's not too big a knock: Leicester next week. There's bragging rights at stake for me.

Disapointing from the Ospreys perspective, but great win for the Dragons.

I just want to get people's opinions on Gareth Owen. A couple of years ago I thought he was going to be a star, he has all the atributes to become a top player, but he seems to be going backwards. Every time I've seen him play recently, he makes mistake after mistake. How many balls did he knock on last night??? When I saw him play for the U20's alongside Biggar, Halfpenny, Warbuton, Jon Davies etc. he didn't make half the mistakes he's making now, so what's gone wrong?

Can someone please answer this for me. Does he get any gametime in the Premiership when he's sitting on the Ospreys bench practically every game, because it certainly doesn't look like it? If he doesn't it simply means he's getting less than 10 matches of rugby a year, how can anyone improve playign so little. Either the Ospreys need to start actually using the bloke from the bench, or find other players to fill in that role and rotate them so everyone get's plenty of gametime, even if it's just at Premiership level.

I thought Gareth Owen was going to be a good player too Dull, but he's not even up to regional standard now. He's an appalling rugby player - if he looks bad in a gyppo game against a useless Dragons team he's never going to make anything of himself.

I thought Gareth Owen was going to be a good player too Dull, but he's not even up to regional standard now. He's an appalling rugby player - if he looks bad in a gyppo game against a useless Dragons team he's never going to make anything of himself.

Don't start abusing the Dragons. They were not and are not useless

I wouldn't go as far as saying Owen is appauling, but he seems to have hit a standstill as far as ability goes and backwards when it comes to performances.

Fine! Dragons aren't useless and Owen isn't appalling.
Now if you both whap your knobs out I'll just suck you off.
Traaaa!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Shame it's not quite long enough to get to Cardiff. You may need to come a bit closer. Just over the Severn Bridge will be fine.

Wasn't that good, but at least I tried.

Last edited:
I think cyRil is staking his claim for "Most Quotable Member" in the 2011 TRFies :p

Latest posts